1978 FJ40 OEM seats and rear OEM floor mat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, looking for some help on two questions. Does this photo look like the OEM rear floor mat for a 1978 FJ40 (I think it looks OEM OR so close to OEM that maybe it shouldn't matter to me...)

Also, same vehicle, any opinion on if these are the original seats? A couple thoughts, for this year and dune beige color, the seats should be black vinyl not grey (I think) and also, shouldn't they have head rests? or were head rests an option in 1978? attached a photo of the back of the seats, the backing metal plates look like they fit correctly. I think these are oem seats and perhaps head rests were an option in 1978 but not sure.

Thanks in advance to all for your thoughts on this.

OEM floor mat 1978.jpeg

1978 front seats.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

mat looks correct, cutout for the rear heater and the lower door catch.
what color are the front seats? front look grey? rear look black? they should be black uncertain if there should be headrests

Yes front seats grey even though trim code is le11
Look odd without headrests but given those metal plates on the back of the seats fit as they should I guess they are oem seats that have been reupholstered and headrests were an option for 1978 maybe?
Thanks for your response, appreciate it!

The front seat frames appear to be correct for 78 models. They have definitely been reupholstered and likely covered up the headrest mounts when doing so. 78 bucket seat upholstery should be the same Black vinyl all the way back to 74. Mat could be OEM. My original rear mat in my 79 looks very similar to the one you show. It would have originally had a fuzzy foam-type backer on it. Those are usually either removed or really torn up by now.

mat looks correct, cutout for the rear heater and the lower door catch.
what color are the front seats? front look grey? rear look black? they should be black uncertain if there should be headrests
Yes front seats grey even though trim code is le11
Look odd without headrests but given those metal plates on the back of the seats fit as they should I guess they are oem seats that have been reupholstered and headrests were an option for 1978 maybe?
Thanks for your response, appreciate it!

Not sure when headrest were standard for for sure but the slots for them were there from 9/72- 12-/78. Back in the early eighties I purchase a Used set of 74 bucket seats. The tubes were there and had rubber plugs filling the holes. 71756-90321 looks like it's the part number for these plugs which are NLA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom