For Sale SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a 1978 Fj40 frame. By the numbers I can read it was produced June/Sept. This frame has v8 motor mounts , propeller frame mounts and Saginaw plate welded to frame. Has the hole cut thru crossmember for Saginaw box. The front spring mounts are boxed on top as shown in pics. Believe the rear crossmember and all was good last time I saw them. Have stuff sitting on frame and won’t be able to get pics till Christmas holiday $250 obo. Located in Martin Tn.

6988596F-9DFF-4C39-9725-BDFDD34D104A.jpeg

46C615D1-B60C-4A51-BFCC-2F10F815D9FE.jpeg

IMG_8766.jpg

IMG_8767.jpg

IMG_8769.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Taz, do you build or drive this truck? I wondering what configuration of powertrain was in it? TH350, TH400? is the frame as clean as it looks?

I have added additional pictures. Metal has been replaced on rear crossmember where hitch mounted. It is not the best work and is not flat across crossmember. I do have a propeller mount and motor mounts with new bushings that can be added to sale for additional money.

IMG_8764.jpg

IMG_8771.jpg

IMG_8772.jpg

IMG_8773.jpg

IMG_8774.jpg

Thanks for the response. Do you know what transmission was used on this? Do you know if the steering box location is correct? Is the l/s rail tweaked a little? (right side in picture) THanks!

I believe this had a 4.3 and 700r4. Could easily relocate brackets. I do believe the steering box location is correct. I’m assuming you are talking about first pic of frame? I believe it’s just angle of picture. I can take another pic in the morning.

yes, it appears the drivers frame rail is tweaked, but your right... it could just be the camera angle. My current frame is tweaked bad on that same rail, so buying another frame with a bent rail would be counter productive to say the least. Would you mind double checking that the next time you are able?

Yes I will check in morning after work. I will try to get better pics also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom