For Sale 1978 FJ40 for Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

teleskier

SILVER Star
Threads
I posted this in the Austin Clubhouse yesterday, but no bites yet...cross posting here.

1978 Parts Truck - $400 obo - there is no title, but the VIN plates are still on there (one in engine cowl is painted over)

This includes whole engine / 4 speed / manifolds / fuel tank (?leak) / front and rear axles / prop shafts and most of what you see in the pics. I can't verify if any of that stuff works, obviously. I am going pull a few more parts - mainly the carb and remaining harness. If you want that stuff, or any specific part you see in the (crappy) pics, just let me know.

This thing is a real rust bucket, however there is some intact sheet metal for scraps and patches. Cowl has reasonable steel up top. This is not a truck you can restore. No idea when the motor ran last, but looks like around 1998. If you need this sort of thing, here you go!

I am just selling this to recover some storage I paid - need it gone. I bought this for a few parts about a year ago, but need space. Very low on the Wife Acceptance Factor scale at $150/month storage in Austin!

$400 obo

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG

I'd be interested in some of the bolt on parts (carb, front axel and the steering column and steering box). Not sure if you're gonna let that stuff go separately but I'll be driving through Austin Wednesday afternoon and would be glad to stop and take a look at the whole rig. I'll PM you my cell and we can connect in the next day or so. Thanks, Jim

I write this an realize you have this in the for sale as a whole not the parting out section. I need the passenger side B Pillar from the rock to the door striker where the j panel slips into. Also interested in the 4 speed if you would be willing to stick it on a greyhound. Thanks.

I posted this in the Austin Clubhouse yesterday, but no bites yet...cross posting here.

1978 Parts Truck - $400 obo - there is no title, but the VIN plates are still on there (one in engine cowl is painted over)

This includes whole engine / 4 speed / manifolds / fuel tank (?leak) / front and rear axles / prop shafts and most of what you see in the pics. I can't verify if any of that stuff works, obviously. I am going pull a few more parts - mainly the carb and remaining harness. If you want that stuff, or any specific part you see in the (crappy) pics, just let me know.

This thing is a real rust bucket, however there is some intact sheet metal for scraps and patches. Cowl has reasonable steel up top. This is not a truck you can restore. No idea when the motor ran last, but looks like around 1998. If you need this sort of thing, here you go!

I am just selling this to recover some storage I paid - need it gone. I bought this for a few parts about a year ago, but need space. Very low on the Wife Acceptance Factor scale at $150/month storage in Austin!

$400 obo

View attachment 1405616
View attachment 1405617
View attachment 1405618
View attachment 1405619
Do u still have

Just for everyones info - I am not parting this out because I simply don't have time to do all the sorting, shipping and communicating necessary for that sort of fiesta. It is one "giant part" - thats why I posted in the parts for sale. Hope thats OK with everyone!

If it sticks around I will let you know. I can also put you in touch with the guy picking it up. Perhaps it can get passed around! Plenty of food still on the plate!

Jimmy, if you buy it and don't want the Dizzy, lemme know, I'm a buyer.

Did this end up selling? I'm interested in some parts if long to get rid of some. B-pillar on passenger side to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom