Wanted 1978 FJ40 Exhaust Manifold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newly purchased FJ40 that runs poorly. White smoke from the exhaust, and a pretty substantial leak of exhaust from the aftermarket header. I've replaced the manifold, but the leak is still there, although diminished. the difference in flange thickness on the header and the thickness of the intake manifold means that i must use some shim/half-washers to keep them tight.

So, i'm looking for an exhaust manifold that is in decent shape. Anyone?

kman

I have and intake & exhaust manifold set that I could part with. What's the part number stamped on yours? I'll pull the part number on the one I have. My truck is a 1980 FJ40 so the manifold was bought as a spare - I don't the compatibility with your 78 but someone on here does.

Here are pics.

@kmanche

If @gcrump01 set is a good price and you’re desmogged (assume so because of the header reference) you should consider buying manifolds as a matched set over just buying an exhaust. They were machined together.

You will however need to figure out what to do about the PCV because that setup is different than yours.

Thanks for the useful information...
The header was on the vehicle when i got it, and the only reason i want to replace it is because of the exhaust leak and the obvious mis-match with the intake. i'm not really familiar with the smog stuff. how do people usually handle it that the PCV issues?

Thanks for the useful information...
The header was on the vehicle when i got it, and the only reason i want to replace it is because of the exhaust leak and the obvious mis-match with the intake. i'm not really familiar with the smog stuff. how do people usually handle it that the PCV issues?

You would need the gasket for the side of that manifold. Then you would need to make a plate to cover the gasket. Then drill a hole to thread a 3/8” elbow to attach your PCV hose to.

Or you could buy a matched set for your year.

If you want an exhaust by itself, I can probably hook you up. Leave a VM at my shop to follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom