Wanted 1978 FJ-j40 break booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the break booster from a t-100 Toyota truck a bolt in replacement. I have a hissing bendix break booster and the vehicle will not stop very good

2nd plug for City Racer. I have bought several for my fleet from him. Great product fair price.

Does a hissing booster mean its definitely needing replacement? I only ask because I had a slight hiss from my 77 and I found that that the rear brakes were pretty far out of adjustment, I also had a slight vacuum leak if I remember correctly. Someone with more experience than me should chime in but maybe you can avoid a replacement ( maybe not )

Does a hissing booster mean its definitely needing replacement? I only ask because I had a slight hiss from my 77 and I found that that the rear brakes were pretty far out of adjustment, I also had a slight vacuum leak if I remember correctly. Someone with more experience than me should chime in but maybe you can avoid a replacement ( maybe not )
I will check the rear breaks. The new engine is a 363 small block Chevy it’s got a fairly radical can it won’t mak as much Cs as I need soon going to install a vac pump and a summit vac tank. But how do I get rid of the hiss when I depress the break pedal the current booster his give me the impression it has a bad diaphragm. I am pulling the bendix own and taking to wife’s cousin he owns a break and doing shop in waco he can get new diaphragm from a shop in cal that makes them for the 78 79 he has done 5 bendix in the past few years and no returns I will put the t100 booster in as a stop gap and when the bendix gets back I will install the OEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom