Builds 1978 FJ-40 R2.8 Cummins Build - "Mater" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah, I plan on moving the drivers seat back a couple of inches after I get the wiring and doors installed when it returns from the shop. I've already moved the steering column up a little bit over stock to gain just a little more room as well. It wasn't terrible to drive in stock form, but that was a decade ago now so maybe it was just wishful thinking.
With the mods like power steering and completely changing the steering I am not sure what it will be like to drive when it is done. I don't remember hitting my head or my knees getting in and out. But I have not driven it since 1991 when I was in my 30s and now I am 65.

With the mods like power steering and completely changing the steering I am not sure what it will be like to drive when it is done. I don't remember hitting my head or my knees getting in and out. But I have not driven it since 1991 when I was in my 30s and now I am 65.
I just got the kit that Classic Cruisers sells and was also told to turn the seat mounts around will give another 1.5" of leg room.

I have a 4 core replacement for the stock FJ40 radiator so it sorta fits in the radiator support after some tweaking. I will have to make the hole for the drain valve bigger so that it does not hit and can be used.

I got some 2.5 x 2.5 angle iron and started attaching it to the radiator support today and got the top two revnuts installed in the support for 10mm bolts but need to get 1.5 pitch because my 10mmx1.25 Toyota bolts wont work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom