1978 Barn door FJ55 "daily driver" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I close my eyes or I put my other hand a few inches over the arc. I never peek. My eyes are the only decent part left so I try to be nice to them....mostly.

My eyes are the only decent part left so I try to be nice to them....mostly.

My eyes are failing faster than I want and it's the only sense I would hate to lose totally. When they tell you only shots in the eyes will prolong going blind a person tends to reflect on what they could of done different to avoid such a drastic act. Use a helmet, please.

Got more pics/videos today. To say that I'm beginning to get bummed out is to engage in understatement.

1609828878913.png

I’ve asked to see inside the rockers and the PS roofline

E81D3D45-5086-4CCA-8A5D-D5D799160E89.jpeg

092B675C-28DB-4DF5-95E1-4BE3843300B8.jpeg

BE2D702C-56B2-43CD-9EE7-349C7902BDBB.jpeg

E41BDDBF-5E8B-4666-99F9-789D48D13E09.jpeg

@FloridaFJ80 at Land Cruiser Heaven helped me find several in Colombia, but I finally settled on this one. Frank had his people fly to where it was and check it out.

To say that I'm beginning to get bummed out is to engage in understatement.
Hopefully Frank is working with you, if he is going to trust his people are proficient enough to make the proper repairs they should have been capable of finding some of this stuff on the 55. It wouldn’t be fair to expect someone to find everything but they should have found enough to advise you to take a hard pass on this one.

Anyone wanting to spend big money on a classic car that’s prone to rust like a 55 should be familiar with a nondestructive mil thickness gauge, For a couple hundred bucks something like this will measure up to 60mil, if an area measures over 1/16” of nonferrous material good chance you need to spend a bit more time exploring that area for a potential issues.

McMaster-Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/1453T61/

Good luck I hope it all works out and this pig brings you years of enjoyment.

It’s just ... never buy a truck from South America

Fixed it for you. Seriously though, hope it works out in the end. Will be a cool pig. :cool:

Would it be possible to dip that thing in a tank of protection solution when all the metal work is done. Maybe galvanize the whole thing!
The galvanizing process would be way too hot; would warp all the sheet metal. You can have bodies dipped and e-coated. I looked into it. I think it would be very effective but you're probably talking $10k to get a pig done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom