1978 55 Series Restoration - CA Smog Equipment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently working on the finishing touches for a 1978 fj55 (2F) restoration. Any advice for finding original specifications for the smog equipment for that year?

So far I have found that there are Emissions Equipment manuals, but I have not found one specifically for 1978 yet.. Purpose of this is less about passing smog and more about keeping everything as original as possible.

you might be able to buy 1978 fj40 parts from Classifieds from someone desmogging their fj40

Got my 1979 emissions control repair manual from sor. They have one for 1978
It is invaluable. I'm still looking for Mid 1979 parts so if someone hits you up with selling parts in that year....ping me. They are not necessarily interchangeable
with 1978

Got my 1979 emissions control repair manual from sor. They have one for 1978
It is invaluable. I'm still looking for Mid 1979 parts so if someone hits you up with selling parts in that year....ping me. They are not necessarily interchangeable
with 1978

Thanks for the link! Yeah looks like they do have the 78 emissions control manual in stock, thats great.
I was able to find the 1981 Emissions control repair manual and it does not show part numbers.. More overview of system operation, troubleshooting, and system specs.. not sure how helpful it will be in this case trying to find specific components

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom