For Sale 1977 Toyota FJ40 Auburn, AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
I am traveling now and unable to give her the love she needs so her Landspeeder given name "Mona" is now for sell.
good body with no cancer but does have dings has not had a frame off resto
Header
2.5 hell creek lift
anti-inversiion shackels
warn 8274 winch
solid front bumper
custom made rear tirecarry/ 3jerry can or cooler rack also has tow hitch and two two shackel points
17" Allied Beadlocks
37x12.5 17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR tires
Aussie locker in rear also the third member has been upgraded to fine spline
Still has 2F engine 4.2L inline 6
painless wiring harness

SOLD SOLD

click for Video
https://www.box.net/shared/1i93gnd2nh

2/3/2011
Sorry to those that have tried to contact me about the my 40, As I said earlier I am traveling alot an can take some time getting back to you. Best way to contact me is by cell. I have a guys planning on buying it this weekend but first one with the cash gets it. I do not have to sell it I just don't have the time to put in it.

Last edited:
3na3k83m35Y15Q65X2b16326413890ad018a1.jpg

3n73o33l95O35Q45U4b167e2e777e715e1a12.jpg

3nb3ma3ob5Z35Q15P1b16d37d1593318a1cc6.jpg

3n13k73pf5O65T65Z4b1617928fedb1541f32.jpg

photo.php

Hi All:

Looks like a nice rig for $5200.00 !

Wish I was closer!!

Good luck!

Alan

Emailed you.

S

I'm "showing" the truck for Chase while he's out of town.
I REALLY wish I had the cheddar for this rig... the parts dripping off it alone are close to the price he's asking.... then on top of that you get a 40!

I'm "showing" the truck for Chase while he's out of town.
I REALLY wish I had the cheddar for this rig... the parts dripping off it alone are close to the price he's asking.... then on top of that you get a 40!

Eric,

I've got a guy down here in flight school looking for something just like that I believe.

I'll send him your way.

Great looking rig and that's one heck of a stable of 'yota's. Couple of questions:
* Do you get any tire rub running 37's on a 2.5" lift?
* Did you re-gear? If not, do you find it sluggish?
* Can you send me some better pics of the engine bay and rear bumper set-up you have? par4thecourse2@bellsouth.net

Thanks,

No tire rub since the Anti-inversion shackle add the lift needed. No I did not regear and the 4.11 do alright. The open issue I have not mentioned the steering is a little sloppy due to fj40 having 7 link points. I had planned to do the Saginaw power steering upgrade. I do have pump and gear box sitting in the garage.

As one good man said "Really no hard wheeling until tranny or t-case swap. That is unless you want 5.29s in both diffs. Even then, those won't help significantly. The manual requires low gearing. The auto somewhat gives you an additional 2:1 reduction due to the torque converter. "

This should answer some of the questions I have been getting

1)The motor is original I presume with how many miles? Any major motor work done?

it has between 92k 94k to my memory and the only major work done was tune up spark plug wires and plugs and install a MAF header

2) I live in the northwest, so could the fj be driven back or would you
suggest it be shipped?

Its a fj40 a 35year old plus car I would not drive it any where further that 100 miles. That would be my chose, But I have a trailer and I have alway been a fan of trailering thing of this nature. whats that saying anything that can go wrong will.

3)Any major maintainence or repairs to the drivetrain?
I had the clutch replaced 2 years ago. when I first got it I replace the brake booster

4) The top in good shape? Any leaking?
The top is on good shape but the back passanger side has an issue and some cancer starting. also the back passanger vent window was busted out from so hevens in the parking lot. its 15 $ on cruiser part dot net I just haven't ordered it since I have had the top off.

And I'm sure your favorite question, any detailed pics of the rig?
I am working on that for sure I have some in two weeks when I get home on the 21st

Bump

Why is this thing still in my driveway? At this price... I'm not too sure...

Hey,
What is your contact info, I would like to come and take a look at the truck. I have not been able to get a hold of Chase for a couple of days now.

Thanks,
-Chad

Not to be rude, but crappy pics is one of the reasons its still in your driveway. That and a real slow market for toys. The weather's not helping you any either.

It sounds like a good deal. I'm afraid no one believes there's "no rust" in the usual spots if you can't see it for yourself. We all know how common rust is.

I would suggest detailed, high res, pics of the common rust areas. I'd bet it will sell pretty quick at that price, even in a slow market, if it is as described. Camera phones are useless to me personally.

Sincere good luck with the sale.

Not to be rude, but crappy pics is one of the reasons its still in your driveway. That and a real slow market for toys. The weather's not helping you any either.

It sounds like a good deal. I'm afraid no one believes there's "no rust" in the usual spots if you can't see it for yourself. We all know how common rust is.

I would suggest detailed, high res, pics of the common rust areas. I'd bet it will sell pretty quick at that price, even in a slow market, if it is as described. Camera phones are useless to me personally.

Sincere good luck with the sale.

I see you PM'ed for more pics...

my Buell auction has 2 days left with 31 people watching it and no reserve so if anyone bids its sold...

If it sells, I will be making a trip to see it in person with cash in hand.

Even with the pics on this thread... the parts alone that you see listed are worth the cost... you're getting a free 40...

Just come look at it... that's why i hate mud for selling cruisers, everyone's a pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom