craigslist 1977 Toyota FJ-40 classic / low mileage - $22,750 - Hmmmmm - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
=========== NOTE - These are not mine, contact the seller via the Craigslist Ad =================

Truly a rare find low mileage classic.. Boasting the bullet proof Toyota 2F motor, 135 HP. Transfer case and transmission in great condition as well. Gauges all work. Glass in very good condition. Rubber weatherstripping in very good condition. This vehicle has never been abused.

00w0w_bToxmXFCJfO_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg

00k0k_5SqcgD80FAC_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_gIfp074odMY_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_36AqAiuz2MH_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

Hmm, Grand Rapids, MI, huh? The background in the pics sure doesn't look like Michigan to me.
Could be a snow bird that brought it back to their home in the North. Giving the benefit of the doubt. Its worth pursuing, but feels scammy for sure. Would not feel comfortable with sending a deposit on this one.

I've noticed over the years the when I search on CarGurus or other sites, there are quite a few listings in Grand Rapids. I think it's because this place does a lot of consigments from other areas; vehicles which aren't in Grand Rapids. Not saying anything about this olive 40. But they should be asking another $10K for it.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 2.28.46 PM.png

It has nips. Doesn’t that make it a “Colombian devil?” Central America at the least from the background?

I reached out to the owner...Feels a bit "scammy" so far. Said the vehicle belonged to a deceased father, and that the sale was to be arranged through a broker to ensure a "safe and easy" transaction. 7 day inspection period, will ship for free, yada yada... They guy said he's currently working overseas for Stena Drilling and cant provide a specific return date. As much as I'd love this to be true...The price and condition scream too good to be true. My father always told me...

Deceased father? Damn...I saw a sweet blue 77 on San Antonio CL last year for $17,000 that I emailed about. His father died and he had to sell...never got a reply, and have been kicking myself for missing out on it, but now I am letting myself off the hook.

I reached out to the owner...Feels a bit "scammy" so far. Said the vehicle belonged to a deceased father, and that the sale was to be arranged through a broker to ensure a "safe and easy" transaction. 7 day inspection period, will ship for free, yada yada... They guy said he's currently working overseas for Stena Drilling and cant provide a specific return date. As much as I'd love this to be true...The price and condition scream too good to be true. My father always told me...
I found a Cruiser that I was really interested in a few years back with the EXACT same story. Selling broker would NOT allow for an in person cash exchange. 100% scam.

I found a Cruiser that I was really interested in a few years back with the EXACT same story. Selling broker would NOT allow for an in person cash exchange. 100% scam.
Same here! About a year and a half ago for me. He had quite a few pics to share, but wouldn’t let me see it in person, even though it was allegedly located in a town near me.

I've noticed over the years the when I search on CarGurus or other sites, there are quite a few listings in Grand Rapids. I think it's because this place does a lot of consigments from other areas; vehicles which aren't in Grand Rapids. Not saying anything about this olive 40. But they should be asking another $10K for it.

View attachment 3332982
Friend of mine bought a vehicle from them... this cl fj40 is NOT from that dealer.

View attachment 3332982

Last edited:
The vehicle you referenced is advertised as Cadillac Michigan which always has a ton of vehicles for sale. They sell on consignment for sellers all over the country. Note the disclaimer in their listings.
1688587575681.png

The three FJ's in the previous picture are from a classic car dealer in Grand Rapids (GR Auto Gallery) with locations in Grand Rapids, Wixom (Detroit area) and Indy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom