1977 Land Cruiser - second owner has had it for 45 years. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, need some help in determining value of a 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser. Anyone interested in the story?

20190907_154857.jpg

Last edited:
Looks to be in good condition

Ok, here goes. Lisa and Bart bought this Cruiser when they were 16. It was about 2 years old then. It was his daily driver until about 15 years ago when it went into the barn. He still used it occasionally around the ranch. Now Bart is 61 and in poor health. Lisa asked me to help. I restored and sold Mazda Miatas for 12 years, but have no experience with a classic. It would be a restoration project car, but a very good one. You wanted pictures? I am just wanting to talk to a knowledgeable person about what it might be worth. I hope that was a good story and I have more and larger pictures.

20190907_154500.jpg

20190907_154446.jpg

20190907_154448.jpg

20190907_154625.jpg

Hi, I wrote out the whole story and included 8 pictures, but it was called invalid post. I don't know how to do this.
You just gotta post a few more times! It will increase your limit.

I don't know much about 40s but it looks to be in good shape. Are you looking to buy it from them or sell it for them?

Also, more pictures will help the knowledgeable 40 community help assess it's condition and worth.

Underbody rust, body panel rust and fluid leaks are a good place to start. Along with any maintenance records the couple might have.

EDIT: actually, sitting for 15 years you probably wouldn't see any signs of leaks. But I bet the fluids and soft components need some love.

You just gotta post a few more times! It will increase your limit.

I don't know much about 40s but it looks to be in good shape. Are you looking to buy it from them or sell it for them?
Sell it for them. Pretty good body and tires, interior is gone, dash pretty good. Any idea what it might be worth? For fair condition the range is 10k to 23k.