1977 hardtop on 1965 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HardTop is not fitting correctly. If fits all the way around except the front upper section of the windshield frame. On the outside there is about a 3/4 inch gap between the top where it bolts to the windshield frame.

Is this because the frame is not as wide as the newer style frames? Do I need to get an older style frame from a 74 and earlier to accomplish this? Would this just require me getting the front section of the earler top that bolts to the windshield frame. I like the wing windows and all and would love to keep the top. Let me know.

Thanks,

Did you notch the top for the top mount wipers of the old school windshield? That might hold the top off the top of the frame.

HTH,
Nick Jennings

Hardtop fits correctly on the top of the widnshield. I notched the top for the wipers. But it does press snugly to the top where the bolts come in.
I will see if I can make something work.

I fit a 1980 hardtop to a 1964 FJ40 for a customer many years ago, so I know it is doable. I don't remember what all was involved, but I am pretty sure some grinding was involved. It MIGHT have been part of the standing seam on the top of the windshield frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom