For Sale 1977 FJ55 - SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1977 FJ55 w/ original 2F and 4-sp.

Asking $20k.

A considerable amount of money has been spent making this a reliable driver and a prime candidate for a full-blown restoration. The previous owner bought it out of CO approximately 3 years ago and, at that time, it was purported to have been in storage for the previous 20 years.

Since coming to South Carolina, this 55 has been upgraded with air-conditioning, 2.5 inch OME lift w/ 33x10.50 BFG's, as well as a very nice sound system. Additionally, the drive train has been inspected by Trollhole and any issues found have been addressed/repaired.

There is rust in certain areas but certainly nowhere as bad as I've seen with some.. The most vulnerable areas including the rocker panels, tailgate area, wheel wells, and area around the wheel wells is in excellent condition. The floor boards have a few soft spots but are generally in good condition.

My plan was/is to do body,paint and upholstery but I might just let it go if I can get a reasonable offer on it. I'm happy to send pics, vids, info to serious buyers. Thanks -

THE SALE WILL INCLUDE PARTS WORTH IN EXCESS OF $2000: original OEM side mirrors, new rear bumper (3-piece), replacement front floor pans (my body guy didn't think they would be needed), full replacement rockers... very desirable body patch components!, original door panels with ashtrays, original AC components, new spare 33x10.50 BFG tires, other original parts for restoration purposes, etc.

Below are some additional notes
  • Original 2F Straight Six Engine with either 49,500 or 149,500 miles.
  • Very original vehicle.... All of the little parts are still there in the engine bay the clips, plastic parts, and little stuff that gets lost or breaks off so easily
  • The front windshield is original with the chrome stripping and Toyota "TEQ"tempered stamp
  • 4 Speed Manual Transmission
  • Engine, transfer case, and transmission all serviced, tuned and running perfectly. See full list of fixes below.
  • 4WD high and low work great
  • I have a perfect rear bumper (all three pieces) that will go with the vehicle. It's been blasted and is ready for paint or powder coating. ($800 value)
  • I also have a set of custom made rockers and floor panels... very desirable parts that, in the case of the rockers, are no longer available!
  • All glass is original including the front windshield (see pics of TEQ Tempered stamping on glass)
  • Includes tool bag, tools, bottle jack cranks, spare tire crank (which can also be used to hand crank the engine in the case of a starter failure)
  • Also includes a freshly restored bottle jack, which has been restored (inside greased, bead blasted exterior, primed and painted)
  • Heat, including rear heater, works perfect
  • All smog equipment is there. If you live in an area where emissions are a concern, you can rest easy. . .this FJ55 has everything you'll need to pass emissions
Work Performed in 2015/2016:

• Carburetor completely rebuilt
  • Rebuilt the radiator
  • New hoses all around
  • New water pump and gasket
  • New thermostat, thermostat gasket, and thermostat housing gasket
  • Oil and filter change
  • New front rotors and pads
  • New brake master cylinder
  • New clutch slave cylinder
  • Brake fluid flushed
  • Clutch fluid flushed
  • Rear drums turned, new wheel cylinders, new brake shoes
  • All fluids changed (diffs, tranny and transmission)
  • Gas tank dropped and professionally cleaned
  • Gas lines cleaned
  • All new rubber gas hose from tank on up to the engine
  • New fuel pump
  • New fuel filter
  • New plug wires, plugs, rotor ignition and distributor cap
  • Tuned and adjusted
  • New fan belts
  • Electrical system check
  • Installed rear heater (it was missing when purchased)
  • New OEM shifter knob and t-case shifter knob
  • Dash cover (most FJ55s need these. . .you can't get a full dash replacement, so this is the best way to go -- it fits perfectly over the existing dash and is glued in place. It looks really good)
  • All vacuum hose line replaced
  • New gas cap
  • Drive shaft seal replaced
  • Parking brake cleaned and adjusted and works great
  • New front rubber brake hoses

Work Performed in 2016/2017:

• A/C added - period correct head unit in cab with all modern components under the hood.
  • OME 2.5" lift added
  • new 33x10.50 BFG's added
  • Comprehensive sound system (with hands free calling) added; 6.5" speakers in front doors with 6x9's in cargo area. New panels and a new center dash piece were purchased as to leave the originals (included with sale) unmolested in the event someone wanted to do a full resto in the future.
  • Drivetrain inspected by Trollhole, with any issues discovered being addressed/repaired

Work Performed in 2017/2018:

• Drivetrain was once again inspected by Trollhole, with any issues discovered being addressed/repaired.
  • Of particular significance this time was replacement of the rear main seal.
  • Other seals were also replaced which I can detail for a serious buyer.
  • New choke cable
  • New battery

KNOWN ISSUES -

A few easily repaired dents; rust as disclosed above; needs headliner; lacking OEM turn signal 'knob'; will need new license plant lights; missing one of the quarter panel badges

IMG_8912-2.JPG

IMG_8913-2.JPG

IMG_8916-2.JPG

IMG_8954.JPG

file-15.jpeg

Thanks rckhound! I like the 73's too (hell, I like them all!) but I'll either sell it or keep it and move forward with the body/paint and interior.

READY TO SEND IT DOWN THE ROAD... PRICE DROPPED TO $16,500. That's about $2000 less than I have it and significantly less that was invested by the previous owner.

Still for sale?

Was an absolute pleasure Sam @awendawcruiser ; only regret is that I didn't get to meet you in person. Definitely a road trip in my future. Cruising Charleston in a 55; how cool would that be?

Thanks for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom