1977 FJ40 weatherstripping / seals. Looking for best source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting things together for 1977 FJ40 frame off restoration. Going to be a keeper. It had a respray 5-8 years ago and some overspray at window seals and weatherstripping, etc. I want to strip it down to bare metal and repair any rust and replace the seals/weatherstripping. Can anyone recommend a good source for quality weatherstripping and seals for the windows on a 77 FJ40 with hardtop? I’ve had varying experience with restorations in the past regarding OEM vs aftermarket. The stuff on cityracer looks to be high quality. Anyone used those? advice on good balance of quality and availability and cost is appreciated.

Also, I think its going to need new felt for window channels as well. If anyone has recs for a source for that will also be appreciated.

If needed, here's an EPC for your '77 -> Toyota/Lexus <- so you can pull part numbers for the seals & weather-stripping. I'd buy all available OEM pieces as possible. Then go with City Racer's units to fill the balance.

Another vote for City Racer. OEM seals are the way to go if you are doing a full restoration but $pendy and City Racer seals are just as good from the couple I've used. I replaced front and back door weatherstrip seals, hardtop to body seal (2), and I think one other, maybe windshield seal but with a mix of OEM and City Racer and both are top quality. Short story long, cutting costs but still getting quality you can go with City Racer.

Here's the stuff I feel worked amazing... it takes 3 or so bottles to do the entire vehicle (both ambulance doors and both front doors).

Amazon product ASIN B0166FFCHS
Zero mess, dries in 10-15 seconds and I could lift my ambulance doors by the weather strip with zero concerns about the weather strip pulling away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom