Builds 1977 FJ40 - USA Spec Restoration - Father & Son Project - AKA "Belle" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After, Not much better but a little bit!

052.jpg

053.jpg

Just finished watching all the video you had on this build. Really cool to see father and son projects. Color is great!
Thank you. We home to have it on the road this summer!

I watched @pinhead videos on carburetor rebuild last night. Exciting Friday night let me tell you! On the fence about doing it myself or sending out. I know I can do it but it’s such a rusty mess not sure it’s right thing to do vs have it pro done.

I watched @pinhead videos on carburetor rebuild last night. Exciting Friday night let me tell you! On the fence about doing it myself or sending out. I know I can do it but it’s such a rusty mess not sure it’s right thing to do vs have it pro done.
Well a pro would obviously do a good job and if the carb is not currently in good working order, that might be best. Mine 55 and 40 carbs seem to be in good working order, so I think I am going to try it myself.

Any suggestions as to who sells the best rebuild kits?

Well a pro would obviously do a good job and if the carb is not currently in good working order, that might be best. Mine 55 and 40 carbs seem to be in good working order, so I think I am going to try it myself.

Any suggestions as to who sells the best rebuild kits?

“Best kits” not sure but most folks have mentioned Keyster carb kits, which was what I bought. Found them at Fjparts.com.
My only issue is my secondary butterfly rod is still stuck. I have not put heat to it yet. Hopefully that will get it to release.

Yes sir! She fired right up. She wants to be back on the road as bad as I want her to be back!!

Traded in the old calipers for some new ones at NAPA. They look pretty good! I also put on a new AISIN clutch cylinder. Now I need to bench bleed the master cylinder and clutch cylinder and bleed the lines.

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

Here are a few pics before cleaning the pedal assembly. It was really dirty! That is my dad scrubbing it. He is 78 years old and still a "gear head". Three generations working to restore this FJ40 together. I love it!!!

View attachment 2625727

View attachment 2625728
My dad is 80 and is my usually riding shotgun for any cruiser parts or whole rig trailering runs. Sometimes dad, myself, and my boys are working in the barn together.....another 3 generation working team :cheers:

Just digging this build. I was doing a resto on a 1971 40 and in the middle of that I bought a 1977 40. Neither done but the 77 close. It’s love, not addiction. Haha!

I still moving a head slowly :)

I think your son watching you go down the driveway then down the street was like "man, he's coming back right?" :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom