Builds 1977 FJ40 - USA Spec Restoration - Father & Son Project - AKA "Belle" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What paint brand 854 sky blue did you go with? Looks great!

What paint brand 854 sky blue did you go with? Looks great!
Nason... the place where I bought the paint recommended it. I would also recommend it :)

008.jpg

I just bolted the body on the frame for the last time. Pushed it out into the sun and took some pics. I am totally pumped!!!

010.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Last edited:
Great job. Looks like you have a plan B if your plan A career goes south. Love the color!!!
If I could make a good living restoring Land Cruisers, I would do it!!!

Here are a few pics before cleaning the pedal assembly. It was really dirty! That is my dad scrubbing it. He is 78 years old and still a "gear head". Three generations working to restore this FJ40 together. I love it!!!

021.jpg

022.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody know what this is?

It was bolted to the bottom of my battery tray.

Maybe an old dual battery isolator for a dual battery kit?

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

Last edited:
I did a little cleaning, sanding, and sealing this week.

Scrubbed with Purple Power, sanded with 80 grit sand paper, cleaned up with wax and grease remover, and sealed it with Corroseal

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

Corroseal.jpg

Last edited:
Here is some after pics. I am satisfied with the Corroseal. I might do a YouTube vid reviewing it :)

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

027.jpg

032.jpg

How's the hand doing Matt?
I was reading back through the build thread and noticed i never responded. It's doing great. Thank you for asking!!!

Wow, just cruising the build threads this morning with a cup of coffee and just caught up on your build. It’s been a while since I’ve checked in. Congrats on the work done so far, it looks great. Putting the tub back on the frame for the last time is so motivational. Keep the throttle down on the progress and you will be driving down the road in no time.

Installed the water pump and thermostat housing. I bought new bolts from SOR.com. I spent $120 on bolts. I got new ones for pretty much everything under the hood and all new bolts for the transmission hump. If I have the correct bolt and it is in good shape, I reuse it. If not I replace it with a new correct bolt. :)

056.jpg

057.jpg

060.jpg

I cleaned the carb. I am going to rebuild it soon, but will use it for now just to see if I can get this thing running. Here are a few before and after pics.

I know we all like pics :)

061.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom