For Sale 1977 FJ40 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FOR RESTORATION - This will be gone fast - Boston (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine, nice hard top, alum tub

1977 FJ40 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FOR RESTORATION - cars & trucks - by... $3500

--------------------------
1977 FJ40 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FOR RESTORATION

This is a project I took on 2 years ago. I have gotten it to yard drive but it still needs more work. I fell into a deal with a gorgeous 1965 T-Bird and I just haven’t had the bandwidth to dedicate myself to the Land Cruiser.
Quick History: This vehicle was on the road until 2012, from that point on it sat in a gentleman’s driveway until 2018 when I bought it off him. He had owned it since 1985 and done some adventures up in Canada with it. He had even installed an auxiliary fuel tank to get extended range. During his ownership he had the engine rebuilt TOP and BOTTOM, the engine is NICE.

Since I bought it, I worked initially on getting it running. I replaced the original carburetor and it ran well. The cooling system and heater hoses were in terrible shape and I replaced them all with heavy duty clamps.

Unfortunately, at one point I switched the fuel source to the aux tank and it seemed to clog the fuel delivery. Long story short, there is an issue getting fuel to the carb, although I replaced the fuel pump, and filter.

What the vehicle still needs:

There is rust on the steel exterior body panels, especially the windshield frame and the bib. But the tub is aluminum and in fine shape. The fenders are fiberglass and doing great! The frame has rust. To make it off-road worthy you should reinforce several spots.

You will need to replace the exhaust system.

Tires hold air really well and have good tread, but are older.

Then you need to deal with the fuel problem. I would recommend a new fuel tank and new fuel hoses. A new mechanical fuel pump (if you need it, I put in a new one) is not expensive).

Ideally I would like to sell the seats separately to get some of my investment back, but I am flexible. So if you def want the seats, we can talk.

This is not a sale; it’s more of an adoption! I would like to talk on the phone first and then show you the vehicle.

I have the title in hand!

Here’s a video of the cruiser starting:

00g0g_l61ty2rb8D9_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

01414_84G3Luvdti0_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_eLkuTlNrKc3_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_bVIGGodCPFZ_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00404_4VlPNSB9VkN_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

more pics

00y0y_lVsHkyq3XOI_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_30l2ipoZEyH_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_l61ty2rb8D9_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

I bet the frame is fine, it's $5000 just for the hard top ... well sunroof sucks but there's replacement fiberglass or maybe it can be fixed even. Video shows it's running so a good 2F as well. I bet it's gone by morning.

I bet the frame is fine, it's $5000 just for the hard top ... well sunroof sucks but there's replacement fiberglass or maybe it can be fixed even. Video shows it's running so a good 2F as well. I bet it's gone by morning.

Agree 100% - that's a steal, you'd be way ahead picking that up.

That's 2005 prices? I hope someone on the forum that has been hunting gets it. Seller did say he wants to meet with the buyer, don't know how they would react to a digital deposit and a shipper showing up.

Probably Sold ..
looks that way! hope a ih8mud forum member got it, I post as fast as I can but sometimes its still not fast enough

looks that way! hope a ih8mud forum member got it, I post as fast as I can but sometimes its still not fast enough
If my project start at same level.. I will be on road year ago... with nice truck...

And this price is below psychological threshold... way before we start thinking how much it will cost to repair...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom