For Sale 1977 FJ40 - Mint in Olympia, WA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale or trade 1977 FJ40 In Great Shape – Olympia, WA

I, unfortunately, find myself in a position of having to downsize so the 40 has to go. It has a recently rebuilt stock engine (07/08) with three year 100,000 mile warranty. Engine rebuilt by Jasper Engine Rebuilders (JASPER Engines & Transmissions: Remanufactured engine: diesel, marine, import) At the same time a new thermostat, pilot bearing, water pump, and radiator were added.

Due to excessive drive line slop I had the rear differential (new ring and pinion) and transfer case rebuilt (new high speed gear shaft) with a new transmission output shaft replaced. The rear diff and transfer case were resealed with Japanese gaskets and seals purchased from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters (01/10).

The truck was painted in 08/05 and has very few blemishes (small stone chips). It appears that there is one area of the body (right quarter panel) where the paint is beginning to show a small amount of body rot. If I were to keep the truck, that would be the next job that I would tackle.

I have all receipts for the truck including the warranty information for the engine. If you'd like a reliable assessment of the truck, please call my mechanic, Pat Schuler, in Olympia, WA at 360-956-1034. His shop has done all the mechanical work.

I can be reached at (360) 943-1633.

It even comes with the stock AM radio!

Accessories:

2.5” lift
33x9.5 BFG Tires
Warn 8274-50 Winch with Remote
Rancho RS9000 Adjustable Shocks
New (Correct) Front Seat Covers From Shane (AATLAS1X)
Tuffy Center Console with Radio Compartment (No Radio) and Drink Holders (Stock Console Included)
FJ40 Power Steering Box with Saginaw Pump
Painted Rear Tailgate if Top is Removed
Rear Heater
Non-USA Carburator
Non-USA Distributor with Pointless Pertronix System
Spector 2-Piece Header

Shipping, at your cost, is available if interested.

Specific photos available if you wish me to send them to you.

The buyer won't be disappointed in this truck. It'll go anywhere. I would not hesitate at all to drive it across the country. Price $18,000. You won't find one nicer and more dependable than this one.

I'll take, in trade, $3,000 plus a late model (1996-Present) Toyota Tacoma two wheel drive, preferably with a locking differential. Prior to the trade, I need to take the Tacoma to my mechanic to have it checked out the owner of the Tacoma is welcome to come along while I get it checked out.

The truck is currently at my mechanic's shop but should be out the week of 01/17/10. More photos upon request. Serious inquiries only, please. I'll try to get some additional photos up this coming week.
003.JPG

Last edited:
Hi All:

Doug, don't say it is so! :mad:

That is one really nice rig! :crybaby:

I'm sorry to hear that you need to sell the rig! :frown:

Wish I could buy it from you, I'd give you the chance to buy it back! :D

Regards,

Alan

Yeah, it needs to go. Thanks for the complement Alan. I should have it back in the next day or so, so more photos to follow.

Yeah, it needs to go. Thanks for the complement Alan. I should have it back in the next day or so, so more photos to follow.

Some of the interior and seats please:D

Hi Shane,

I have the passenger seat installed but still don't have the driver's seat in...too much stuff going on. Anyway, I'll take a nice photo of the passenger seat...it looks great. The driver's seat cover is still in the box. Since it's been my daily driver, I've just not found the time to get the cover on.

Still available

Off the market for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom