For Sale 1977 FJ40 in Memphis,Tn $5,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
brown
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/R5BsGVB1NxozHyRz7
This is my 1977 FJ40. The engine runs if I pour gas in the carb ( the gas in the tank is old). It needs restoration and metal work. I have a clear TN title. I can arrange transportation. Truck is located at my shop , the zip code is 38133. Feel free to call me with any questions. Herbert Phillips 901-870-3347
There's a link in this ad for my google photo drive with lots of pictures that I took the other day.

20221231_162823.jpg

PLEASE let someone buy this who is not a hoarder, consigner, or just acquiring to flip or for parts.. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
I’d LOVE to see a new Cruiserhead, perhaps a young guy or gal… get this as their first one.. make a great build thread and turn this into their own special project of enjoyment!!!
Happy New Year everyone!!!

If I wasn’t picking up a different 40 this weekend I’d be all over this. Exactly what I’ve been looking for. Just already have a deal made on another one.

If it falls through I’ll be in touch. Saving this post for info.

I’m very new to these rigs but would love to pick one up just like this, if it’s not too far gone with rust. This would be my first cruiser. Does anyone here know what it would take to get this one or one like this running reliably so I can have it as a beach or weekend cruiser or even drive to work a few days a week. Do you see a good starting point when you look at this rig? Is everything here that should be here? Most important thing to me is having a rig with parts that are not jumbled together from other cruisers. I don’t have the knowledge yet to work on these myself but would love to learn and open to learning everything about them. So what do you guys think? An extra 5k or 10k to make this into something reliable and fun. I live in SW Florida and not sure who even would work on these in my area. Anyone know of any fj40 or just landcruiser communities in the Sarasota area? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
-Vic

Last edited:
I’m very new to these rigs but would love to pick one up just like this, if it’s not too far gone with rust. Does anyone here know what it would take to get this one or one like this running reliably so I can have it as a beach or weekend cruiser. I don’t have the knowledge yet to work on these myself but would love to learn and open to learning everything about them. So what do you guys think? An extra 5k or 10k to make this into something reliable and fun. I live in SW Florida and not sure who even would work on these in my area. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
-Vic

Figure 10k minimum to make it daily friendly. They aren’t cheap to work on, Especially if you are paying someone to do it

Figure 10k minimum to make it daily friendly. They aren’t cheap to work on, Especially if you are paying someone to do it
Good to know, thanks for the response. I have roughly 20k saved to put toward one. Just want to pick the right one to start with and not make a mistake.

The truck has a good driveline as in I have driven it , it just needs the metalwork, which if I knew how to weld , I wouldn't sell it .

Working on them is half the enjoyment. You CAN learn to do it. They are not that complicated and the community here will guide you.

Great truck...Man, I should get this, if it's still around..wanna trade for a 73 bmw bavaria project? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom