For Sale 1977 FJ40 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my '77 FJ40. It is in very good condition, although it is not restored.

The FJ is in very good condition. It is smog legal and passes with no issues whatever. The only significant problem I know of on this whole truck is that the wiper blades do not work. Everything else (with the exception of some of the little interior lights) works. The gauges all work, the dash lights work, the heater blower works, the heat valve works.

The truck has a recent carpet kit and recent paint and looks quite nice. It is not what I would consider restored, just in good condition.

Some of the parts on this car worth noting are:

Brand new BFG Mud Terrain KM2s 33”x10.50”x15” mounted on powder coated FJ60 rims.
4” lift kit
Forward roll bar kit
Seat extensions (for taller or even normal sized people)
A lockable security box
Stereo
Towbar for flat towing
Extra set of rims
Many new parts (water pump, etc.)
Rebuilt steering knuckles (less than 500 miles ago)

Many others….

I do not have pictures on line but can email them to anyone who would like them. But rest assured, the body is straight, the paint is good (although with some scratches), the seats have no rips, etc.

I am not interested in any low ball offers but if you are serious, please come and take a look. I am offering this car at $10,999. Please call Sean at (707) 291-9368.

The car is located in San Diego.

P1000886.jpg

P1010219.jpg

P1010220.jpg
P1000886.jpg
P1010219.jpg
P1010220.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't sure how to. I tried and it asked me for the URL for the photos. I will look again.

Thanks

So what gives guys? Not one real response? Am I way out of line on price or something?

Thanks

Your rig looks very nice, but you only have 4 posts, and all of them are on this for sale thread. Your price is maybe a little high, but could be fair. Really, the only issue is we don't know you or your rig. $11,000 is a lot to risk on an unknown. But, if you are patient and share some more info you could get some interest. Especially any pics taken while you were doing the work to get it in the condition it now appears to be in. Lots more pics of the outside and underneath would also be helpful.

Fair enough. Truth is, I haven't been active on this forum at all (lurked a bunch though). I bought the cruiser a year ago with grand plans of heading to the dessert with my wife and daughter. I would ride my motorcycle and they would drive around the FJ40. I realized pretty quickly that it just wasn't going to happen that way. A lack of power steering and a few other things are keeping my wife from really enjoying it.

As for the work that has been done to it, I haven't done much. First, I bought it from a friend. who put some work into it, but not a ton. When I got it, it failed smog. I had the carb rebuilt by Mark algazy, re timed it, re rerouted all the vacuum lines and sourced a couple of needed parts (hot air riser) and it passes fine now. Numbers look great. I also did the steering knuckles including knuckle and wheel bearing and all seals. Beyond that, it was mostly small stuff...seet extension kit, rear window latch, new door locks, a few other tiny things. Oh, I did put the tires on. I am also including the rims that were on it when I bought it which I think are tacoma steel rims but I am not sure.

I had a buddy in high school with an FJ40 and we put a ton of work into it. I loved it and have wanted one since. As I said though, it just isn't getting used like I wanted. I guess maybe the wife is going to end up with a quad instead.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I guess it is fair that noone knows me here. From the research I have done, I think the price is very fair but I am certainly not an expert. If anyone is interested, feel free to call or email and I will tell you what I can of this thing. Also, if it gets to that point you can take all the time you want crawling over it to see what you think.

Again, thanks.

I think the price is in the ballpark with what little we know about it. Truck certainly looks nice, but over the past years of economic crapola higher priced trucks seem to sit. People aren't buying toys like they used to.

You could think about adding the PS. Added saginaw to mine as one of the first mods and it turned it into a completely different truck... in a very good way.

I'd pepper this post with pictures. Pictures at night mean your hiding something or you just are pasting together a bunch of photos.

This is a nice looking rig and although we all love nice paint jobs, its the beauty within that most of us care about. Undercarriage, Motor, tranny pics, suspension. List of what it needs. All these cruisers always need something. The more pics and more detail to information that you have the more responses you will get.

I personally would love to have this truck but am in the middle of a build and have too many LC's laying around.

Good luck with the sale and nice LC.

Rig looks beautiful from the few pics. I sold my '74 for my asking price w/a bunch of emailed pics on this forum in about 2 hours. I am no expert but that rig is probably worth in the 8-9 range if it is a daily driver. MORE PICS WILL HELP!!

looks like a pretty nice 40 to me. some daytime pics of the exterrior would definetly be a great idea.

georg

Adding Pics to your MUD ad.

See pictoral images to walk you through this method. I hope this helps.

I look forward to seeing your pics as well. :cheers:
How to add pics 1 Mud.jpg
Manage attachments Mud 2.jpg
manage pics upload 3.jpg

And last but not least ...
Submit reply Mud 4.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys! Somebody mentioned pics at night mean hiding something or just grabbing a bunch of random pictures, that is definitly the case here. I suppose the real explanation is that getting home from work in the day time to take pics is hard. All the other pics were taken at night as well, but the flash did a good job that close up. I will add a few more pics here and try to get some daytime stuff soon.

I wish I had more info on the truck but I don't as I have only had it a year. Someone asked for a list of what is wrong (as they always have something). THe best list I could give is this:

Windshield washer motor not installed
All the little interior lights are out (not the dash, that works fine).
Several missing bolts around (doors and such) and some not matching.
Needs better spare
Runs good but set up to be smog legal, runs much better when not smog legal. It could use some more advance and to be richened up.
Tranny shifts great when cold, can be a tad difficult to get into first not moving when hot only. Put it in while slowing down and it is fine. I don't want to overstate this one, it isnt too bad.
There clutch has as leak somewhere. I have to add clutch fluid every couple months or so.
I am sure there are other things, but that really is the list I can come up with right now. Seems like a short list for as old as it is.
Oh, one more, brakes stop great but it does pull a bit when breaking. Power disks are amazing though, lots of stopping power.

I hope this helps.

Update...OK, after spending that last 20 minutes trying to get these file sizes smaller, for the time being you get 2 more pictures. I will figure this out and post more.
P1010245.jpg
P1010246.jpg

still for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom