eBay 1977 FJ40. Fair Price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This seller, familiar to some, wants $7500 firm. Think that is a fair price?

1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 | eBay

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

well...thats a lot of rust. a 3/4 tub will cost you north of 4 grand without paint and labor. and thats assuming that the tio and cowl are still viable.

i wouldnt pay more than 4 or 5 for that rig. but thats just me. also keep in mind that you would never get that registered in CA if thats where you are.

I will be shocked it he gets bids over 5, even on eBay.

D

i love the striping though...and the arrogance of the listing :grinpimp:

I also wouldn't want to pay more than $4-5k for it either but it does have some good points. I believe he will get his price. I'd like to see the frame.

you could name it RUSTY!

Watch the video he includes on Ebay. At the end he says the vehicle is registered in Idaho, so do your homework if you're considering an offer.

I have seen a lot worse.....although it looks like they didn't remove the rear cargo mat before doing some re spraying.... which is always shady - haha

Not a bad buy in the $4K range for a 77

well...thats a lot of rust. a 3/4 tub will cost you north of 4 grand without paint and labor. and thats assuming that the tio and cowl are still viable.

i wouldnt pay more than 4 or 5 for that rig. but thats just me. also keep in mind that you would never get that registered in CA if thats where you are.

I will be shocked it he gets bids over 5, even on eBay.

D
Is it that hard to register a 76 or newer fj40 in California? I'm interested in buying one in that range but curious about getting it registered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is it that hard to register a 76 or newer fj40 in California? I'm interested in buying one in that range but curious about getting it registered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

How hard depends on the condition of smog equipment. You won't know until you check the rig and then it still needs to pass the test.

Yes it all depends on the smog equipment. I have a 77 that passes smog easily and is registered in CA.

As others have noted it depends on the smog equipment. If it's not there don't bother....its not worth the hassle...ask me how I know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom