1977 FJ40 4WD Indicator Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Happy New Year,
I was hoping someone could help me to locate, or maybe it's missing, where the 4wd indicator switch is on the transfere case or where it may be? My reason I am installing one of the new Dakota instrument dashboard display and wanted to hookup that feature.

Thanks Brian

You would have to convert to the vacuum diaphragm style 4WD shifter. Those had the switch for the 4WD light. Could also switch to later transmission with a split transfer case. Most of those had the switch for the light and are manual shift. Cheapest option would be to made a bracket to hold a switch similar to the one that is on the brake pedal.

You would have to convert to the vacuum diaphragm style 4WD shifter. Those had the switch for the 4WD light. Could also switch to later transmission with a split transfer case. Most of those had the switch for the light and are manual shift. Cheapest option would be to made a bracket to hold a switch similar to the one that is on the brake pedal.
Thanks for help!

The indicators are a slightly repositioned shifter and about 10 less horsepower. :)

Before swapping out transfer cases and the like, try screwing in a split case' sender into the detent plug location on the range box. You should get a signal this way -

Pictures of the plug and switch in question-
Screenshot_20220109-221841.png

Screenshot_20220109-222020.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom