Wanted 1977 Fj40 2f smog parts wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need all related smog parts for a 1977 Fj40 2f motor. Hopefully someone did an engine swap and has all the required parts. I even need the exaust manifold to replace the header that was installed.

jkdur728 are the parts from a 1977 fj55 or close to that year? My understanding is the parts should be close in year to be able to pass smog but I'm not 100%... If they are, can you please send me a list of what you have? Thanks you!

Are you in CA? If so, you will discover that the CA-specific 1977 carb is a very hard to find item. Ask @LAMBCRUSHER . I have one that I rebuilt (that's one of the things I do) but am not interested in selling it without the rest of the equipment. You can leave me a voicemail at my shop to follow up if you're interested.

www.marksoffroad.net

Don’t mean to discourage you, but you’re in for a steep learning curve if you’re doing this on your own, and steep prices too most likely. Went through the same process and had to source most of the parts. If you’re paying someone else to find/install the whole system then that may be a different story, I wouldn’t know.

My recommendation is to read up on what’s available on this forum (use search feature) on how these surprisingly complicated systems work before you spend on sourcing parts. At the very least you gotta put together a parts list, you’ll see that there is a lot of individual parts needed. The emission manuals are also available from SOR; yes there is a whole manual specific to year, and region. Best of luck.

I will check tomorrow but I believe the yearly emissions manual is for the F or 2F engine, not the truck it is in.
in CA it is any gasoline vehicle 1976 and newer...

Checked my 77 emission manual, it’s one manual for all vehicles/engines in US & Canada for that year, with sections/diagrams for engine/regions etc…

I need all related smog parts for a 1977 Fj40 2f motor. Hopefully someone did an engine swap and has all the required parts. I even need the exaust manifold to replace the header that was installed.
I have a bunch of smog stuff I have collected send me some pics of what you need and I can look at my stash. I have a couple carbs that would need to be rebuilt but may have something if you can send me the numbers you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom