1977 2F with Sniper hard fuel lines with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted to show some pics of the hard lines I got from Redline Landcruiser In CO. I wanted hard lines that connected w/ AN fittings directly to the sniper. Justin was able to make some lines pre-bent to fit perfectly with fittings attached. Once mounted to the brackets he included, it looks factory and feels solid. Very satisfied. Also used his parts for air cleaned and sniper attachment. Also high quality with good fit. Can’t wait to fire this up one day.

DFDC8AB4-97B7-422D-B0C9-BC836CDE32A4.jpeg

026A4691-E0AE-46EE-8F21-6A0C0C1FAF5A.jpeg

011665A4-EC59-40D2-A72D-BE92A598A4B1.jpeg

1AD53D46-63D0-4816-B0B5-8F3F91ADF940.jpeg

86D1C32E-037F-4FA8-B310-B380669FA517.jpeg

In the process of doing same thing. Went to Redline and bought all adapters this summer and had nice visit with Justin he has the best Sniper adapters in my opinion.He had the lines where you made final to sniper with hose at that time.Wanting to go to sniper with hard line I just received last tool I needed today( line straightener) I will probable have to buy another 25' of line to get to look like his...lol I'm sure I will have more $$ in mine but just think I will have all the tools to possibly never use again.lol

It's actually not a bad one to bend up when you use the copper-nickel lines. The thicker walls help a smidge, too, compared to brake lines. I also ran the regulator on the frame rail vs using the Sniper-internal one to keep a bit of clutter off the line routing over the front.

Either way, nice clean install from the Redlines, seems like their lines and adapters are pretty well done from what I've seen.

(I did all the brake lines as well on mine...I wonder how many bends and flares were in total. 😭)

PXL_20210901_193430681.MP.jpg

Good luck. Maybe you can translate those skills into brake lines as well. Will make it worthwhile.
Bent a lot of conduit back in the day.Will be a learning curve for sure, will have to learn tubing bender and take-up and all of that.Maybe it will be like riding a bike and come back to me I hope.Did get Copper -nickel and adjustable line straightener to to brake and clutch.Aircooled 1 what did you do going back to tank?

Nothing like a good clean 2F engine bay with fresh lines. :D

I followed Uncle Toyota - hardline on the engine, hardline on the framerail, and rubber lines between the rail and tank, and between the rail and engine. Mine was slightly different from @Aircooled1 , as I did the regulated filter on the frame, so that's where the flow splits back with a hardline for the return vs dual lines to the Sniper.

Bent a lot of conduit back in the day.Will be a learning curve for sure, will have to learn tubing bender and take-up and all of that.Maybe it will be like riding a bike and come back to me I hope.Did get Copper -nickel and adjustable line straightener to to brake and clutch.Aircooled 1 what did you do going back to tank?
You can see in one of the pics, where I connected to the hard lines with EFI hose. Ran that back with hose separators. Mounted fuel pump along the frame. Looks pretty clean and should turn out nicely when done. I am putting the Delco charcoal canister on the driver side, I made a bracket for it out of the original washer fluid reservoir bracket. Should clean up the engine bay a bit. And will use one of the original firewall mounted hard vacuum/vent lines to run charcoal canister vacuum to the fuel tank vent/separator. And that will keep the vac lines mostly on the driver side of engine bay. Using the delco vacuum modulator attached to sniper vacuum port.

I have not even thought about charcoal canister yet.I have a spare coolant overflow bracket that's about right size.Could you post pictures of your set up? thanks

Here’s a pic of the delco canister mounted to the bracket. Will bolt to fender using orig bracket for windshield washer fluid. You can see where the fuel pump is mounted in one of the pics. And a few other pics because i thought everyone would like them.
I have not even thought about charcoal canister yet.I have a spare coolant overflow bracket that's about right size.Could you post pictures of your set up? thanks

99249645-67D4-4455-A2DF-5ABCCBCC3E60.jpeg

771CBBA0-E62C-4B85-B83B-E08AD61D0B1C.jpeg

5ADBFFA5-374B-4561-8F16-AEE625E82596.jpeg

39FB3102-D34E-4CDD-A153-A36D1E14790C.jpeg

D2C6E285-E891-4E41-B8F7-1A45D84F91B6.jpeg

Beautiful Cruiser build, BTW. I am very pleased you are pleased! Love it!

Justin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom