For Sale 1976 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - Denver - Another Red One (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not Mine - $25,000

it's red week
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is hard for me but it is the right thing to do. I keep getting deployed around the world and this truck just sits in the garage while I am away, sometimes for years. I am deploying again this Summer so it's time she goes to a new owner who will take good care of her.

Up for sale is my 1976 FJ40. I bought her in 2014 from a ih8mud member who partially restored her in Pennsylvania. She was restored with an aluminum tub and all new stainless hardware throughout. She has the original 6 cyl. that has been desmogged and runs great. Clock says 78k miles and I am not sure if it has flipped, most likely it has.

Since I have owned it I have done the following:

New OEM Wheels and BFGoodrich KM3s, including the spare
Old Man Emu 3" lift
Trollhole Carbuerator
New Radiator
Rebuilt Brake booster
Updated electronic distributor
Replaced knuckles and bearings
Added NOS OEM AM Radio with original speaker
New exhaust installed in Denver
New gas tank

Interior is in excellent shape. The gentlemen who restored her definitely cut some corners but overall it is okay. Up to the new owner on whether or not they want to invest in a new paint job. If I keep her I probably will. There are a couple minor leaks. The front left brake drips a bit and the differential has a drip. All normal old car/FJ40 stuff.

The asking price is firm. I feel like this is easily a $30k rig so in my opinion you are getting a great deal. I am only selling because I care about the car and want her to go to a good owner. I also don't need help selling. If you don't have the cash don't waste either of our time. I will ride along on short test drives and will need to take a photo of your ID before we go.

This transaction is cash only unless you have another idea that protects both of our equities. I have the Virginia title in hand.

Send me emails with your questions or requests for additional pictures. I won't respond to any emails unless you include your phone number.

landcruiser fj60 fj80 fj offroad overland antique vintage 4x4

00D0D_3MFNjEEkQJp_0fu0kE_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_269tgWZ3se9_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00808_6w7rGXwzfSu_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_7rERMT9Zzgz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Probably a long shot, but anybody know what happened with this rig in Denver? Sold? If not, does anybody know the owner?

it's a perfect FJ for back east, what's funny is that I didn't realize that I owned before the current owner

he's a veteran, nice guy.. I thought his FJ looked familiar lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom