For Sale 1976 Toyota FJ40 $11,000 Charlotte, NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The time has come after almost 19 years for me to sell my 1976 Toyota Landcruiser. A new baby and busier life have taken my time away from her. It’s time for someone else to enjoy her another 20 years. You would be the third owner.

She has the stronger and bigger 2F engine with 77,772 miles on her. The engine is in perfect working order and overall she has no leaks. She runs smooth and shifting her 4 speed transmission is easy. She does have a newly rebuilt OEM carburetor from cruiserparts.net and installed by the great folks at Toyota Tech in Fort Mill, South Carolina. Give them a call and talk to Johnny if you’d like a second opinion. Her front disk brakes work excellently (drum in the rear). There is very little rust on her original body considering how old she is, but I’m sure having her garaged the entire time I’ve owned her has helped. See photos for examples of how little I’m talking about including a tree branch scrape. Her Tub is in great shape. The only spot that has been repaired is an approximate 8 inch by 8 inch patch on the driver side floor board. She has never been in any kind of accident. Title is clear. The fenders are uncut and I’ve never taken the hardtop off. I’m guessing the top was off once because she was painted before I got her (original color was mustard yellow). The original seats have been reupholstered and the original console is still there under the newer console. The rear paratrooper seats are all original. She does not have A/C but the heater works like a charm. She has 8” x 10” speakers in the doors with a CD player in the console. CB Radio is there and still hooked up too (remember I’ve had her for almost 19 years so cell phones were mostly non existent). She has a 3” lift with Old Man Emu Steering Stablizer. Nerf Bars are from Spector Off Road as is the front brush bar, leather steering wheel cover, and passenger grab bar. 4 Wheel drive never fails either. Roll bars are all original too. The tires are 33” BF Goodrich Mud Terrain with 90% of the tread left. She has all her original emblems and interior vinyl toyota mats. No leaks in the roof and everything on the instrument panel works including the windshield wipers.

Overall, she is one fine machine or I would not have kept her so long. She was once a daily driver but now is used occasionally on the weekends (when it’s not raining of course). She is not perfect or fully restored, but if you’re looking for a solid, reliable head turner...you’ve found your vehicle. If you want to spend big bucks for a total restoration... go for it. She doesn’t need to be restored as she’s fine the way she is. I’ve had many good times and great memories with her. It’s somebody’s else’s turn now.

You can view more photos at:
1976 Toyota FJ40

Thanks for looking.
landcruiser.jpg
1976 Toyota FJ40 (5 of 29).jpg

Even though it's repainted in a different color than the original it is a very cool paint job. Looks like a nice DD or fun toy. GLWS!

post up on Olde North State Cruisers club section as well. lots of lurkers
beautiful truck..............glws

Yep, resale. Navifoto sold it about two weeks ago and new owner is trying to flip it for much more than what he got it for. Worst part is the new owner is using all of navifoto's pics and descriptions. Didn't even take the time to be original.

I'm the original seller and it does look like he is trying to flip her. He's being very lazy using my old add and photos. She is a good vehicle but man he talked a good game of really enjoying old cruisers. He can technically resell her as he wishes but the way he is doing it is just plain wrong. I even asked for a photo of the dude next to her as a memento because I did have her for so long. Im almost afraid to ask but would folks seriously have paid 14,000 for her? I listed for 12 (a little time passed) and took 10,000 eventually..doesn't matter now but maybe the joker has a nack for buying under valued vehicles and reselling them but he should do it right at the least.

Fyi...I originally paid 4,000 for her 19 years ago so I'm good. Thanks for looking out for me folks....

I'm new to the FJ40 world, but was wondering if you had any advice for someone who might be interested in the one since you recently owned it. Or maybe a link to your original ad.

Thanks.

Navi, it was a great looking rig. I think you did well with the sale and who knows if he will get 14K for it. What really matters is that you had a great time with the 40 when it was yours and didn't get shafted by the sale.

It is frustrating nonetheless. But, if it were me, I would tell him to stop stealing your images (for the purposes of generating profit) unless he wants to pay royalties.

I called him and of course he didn't answer but I did express my thoughts. Again, I was truly hoping she was going to someone who cared about the old vehicles.

Sucks that you think you are giving a cruiserhead a nice deal when in reality he is just trying to scam you to get more money out of a vehicle you have put years worth of work into.

On top of that he even steals your pictures and description for his ad to sell the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom