For Sale 1976 Rustic Green FJ40 factory soft-top spec. Make offer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a '76 out of AZ and CA with records of oil changes and documented miles. Looks to have been repainted in the 90's to red from its original green and the upholstery recovered but aside from that its mostly original.. Has the cool under jump seat conn fer storage boxes, rear heater, CB, original soft top, original shift knob, original rubber floor mat and ignition. There is the rust spot left rear corner and under the driver door I sanded away and it’s metal.. otherwise it is very straight.

$14k. Work is being done as we speak. I couldn’t let it sit with the spots so the whole thing is being sandblasted next week and taken back to original rustic green.

See more..

View attachment 1919332View attachment 1919333
View attachment 1919336

Last edited:
That’s a scary proposition not knowing what lies beneath. I would love to get rid of the Porsche Red the PO painted mine. It was originally white, but I fear doing it because I just don’t know if it was taken down to bare metal or just roughed up. You are a brave soul ! Haha

I got lucky. This thing keeps surprising me. My pup got ran over a couple weeks ago in front of my house while I was working on it. Broke my brain a bit.. - This is now dedicated to him. RIP Gadget.

Thanks for info appreciate it...love to see the finished product and your paint skills...Sorry about Gadget, I can relate

So, I kinda like these. I usually hate anything bulky but they seem to be from SOR (80’s?) a long time ago. Useful right?
Body color?
Wheels are going to be a off white/sage. Cool color. Maybe that?
Good mix of tough class is what I’m going for.

16146B6F-940B-4AE1-A455-12EADA0DFF65.jpeg

You seem to be having far too much fun, still planning on selling this one?
I have to pay for the new soft top and frame tomorrow. Paint and tires end of the week. 🤷‍♂️
Decisions..
I’m not going the cheap route either. It has everything to make it really cool. It’s so much more interesting than a cookie cutter one.

You seem to be having far too much fun, still planning on selling this one?

Sympathetic refresh. Colors.. I’m an artist by trade. It’s hard to decide, like writing a book. I would have no idea how to do that either.

How about this; Little build thread concept for the entire automotive genre. Interface coming 🤓

patinamonologues.com

168BB1ED-8B6B-4590-8CDC-0C9058FA3DE4.jpeg

45F8FDD4-61C7-418C-9358-515863D20F44.jpeg

F3E0E666-2833-4313-BD10-86F2D2045481.jpeg

Last edited:
A bunch of Toyota dealers are putting them on eBay now. Made it too easy to not pay.
The soft top is the interesting part..

Last edited:
I forgot to ask.. what is going on here?
It’s got a 2in lift.
I am getting shocks ordered just not sure what to get.

8ABA7F93-8F09-4971-9693-C897C004783D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom