1976 fuel inlet thread size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the diameter of the fuel inlet on a 1976 carb? I’ve read 13mm and 14mm. Mine was missing and the PO had a mismatch bolt on one side and the return on the opposite. One seems stripped. Are the return and inlet the same thread size? I know one needs a washer and the other doesn’t. I plan on running either a barb to hose or 6an fitting.

Does anyone know the diameter of the fuel inlet on a 1976 carb? I’ve read 13mm and 14mm. Mine was missing and the PO had a mismatch bolt on one side and the return on the opposite. One seems stripped. Are the return and inlet the same thread size? I know one needs a washer and the other doesn’t. I plan on running either a barb to hose or 6an fitting.

much would depend on this ?

i have both styles OEM toyota fittings and the crush washer if your in need ?

index3333.png

so carbs in 1976 had tapered threads also? I thought they were all straight. are fittings you have with a nipple or compression for hard line? it appears the return line is straight and the inlet "looks" tapered but the threads upon closer inspection are all janked up. missing parts. Maybe I need to rethread? or I install the fitting with some epoxy?
IMG_9355.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom