1976 Fj55 Fuel Tank Routing Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cross Posted in the Fj55 Iron Pig forum—

Does anyone know which tube is the supply line and which one is the return line on the front passenger side corner of the fuel tank of a 76 Fj55? This diagram shows the supply line is _probably_ the one further (p/n circled red) back but I wanted to confirm. Thanks!

A843047F-C0EE-4F68-B3A3-BE8ECB88990E.jpeg

Cross Posted in the Fj55 Iron Pig forum—

Does anyone know which tube is the supply line and which one is the return line on the front passenger side corner of the fuel tank of a 76 Fj55? This diagram shows the supply line is _probably_ the one further (p/n circled red) back but I wanted to confirm. Thanks!

View attachment 2483054

this may help :

- Note the location of the 23300- Fuel filter on the LH center portion of my 1st top small diagram here , that would indicate the suction or supply line ,

- follow the fuel filter metal line , its the TOP line in my diagram .....

- let me know if that leads to a match or correct metal tube on the fuel tabk assy ?

matt

1604201867756.png

1604201818314.png

Hi Matt—thanks. I agree—The supply line appears to be coming from the nipple on the tank that is furthest back?

The steel lines were so rusty that I ripped them out and I can’t find my note on which was which, so I’m running with a clouded memory!

is there gas in the tank? connect hose to each nipple and blow into it,
hear bubbles- pickup
no noise-return

Thanks—have about 10gal in tank. Heard bubbles in the nipple most aft—must be supply line. I think I’m good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom