eBay 1976 FJ55 - Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHMac

Just a Classic Land Cruiser Enthusiast
Threads
Honolulu, Hawaii & Lake James, North Carolina
I Have No Affiliation with the Seller

Toyota: Land Cruiser Base

Auction Priced with Reserve

Quote from listing:
"Originally a California vehicle, now located in Muskoka, Ontario and being driven. Manual 4 speed with locking hubs. This is a drivable project for someone who loves old pigs! New brake booster, idler arm, fuse box. Almost totally original unit including hub caps. Mickey Thompson tires in great shape. I take her to Tim Horton's and while surrounded by expensive Cayennes, G-Wagens and other SUVs, she is always the center of attention. Manual choke lets her start first turn every time.

Make no mistake, she needs lots of love depending on how far you want to go but she starts and drives pretty good for a 40 year old truck. Like they say: " If you want to go into the jungle, take a Land Rover. If you want to drive out again, take a Land Cruiser" These overbuilt underpowered motors can easily go 500,000 miles if you maintain them.

Parts always seem to be available out of California, Nevada and other places around the U.S. Fully restored, you'll see them listed for $35k U.S. Dollars and up."

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

Hey,

Does anyone have any opinions how much this FJ55 is worth in it's current condition?

Just curious to know what you guys think.

Thanks so much!
Cheers,
KevinH

I don't know jack about what they are worth, but I worked in a brewery all my life, so that last picture looks real scary and no rockers means a lot of hidden rust.

Last edited:
I agree with Ron - pigs rust from the inside out and visible signs of rust are usually much worse than they appear. The value of these old pigs is highly dependent on the condition of the body. If the rust is not extensive, it is probably worth the winning eBay bid of C $6,599.00, but you won't know how bad the rust is until you get into it.

Hey,

Thank you Scrapdaddy and SHMac for your opinions!

I think it's still for sale in Canada.

But he wants something like a little more than 8K CAD

I'd totally pick it up for 4-6K CAD but 8K sounds a lot from looking at the prices in the classified sub forums.

Thanks again!
Have a great rest of your weeks guy.
Cheers,
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom