SOLD 1976 Fj40 Ontario, California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not mine. For those of you with some spare change to spend....

s-l1600.jpg
s-l300.jpg

After watching the video, it seems that the owner "Manny" has sold it to the guys doing the video?? He says he got a fair offer?

There's a part of me that's suspicious and sad. I bet Manny didn't know that it was going to Ebay.

After watching the video, it seems that the owner "Manny" has sold it to the guys doing the video?? He says he got a fair offer?

There's a part of me that's suspicious and sad. I bet Manny didn't know that it was going to Ebay.

It definitely seems like Manny thought the guy who bought it was going to keep it. Also seemed like he wasn’t planning on selling and these guys happened upon it and made an offer (probably an offer that was fair ten years ago). Reminds me of another original owner red truck (maybe a 1980? Had pinstripes iirc) where the guy had fallen on hard times and had to sell. Something like he was renting a place after a divorce and the HOA wouldn’t allow it to stay in the driveway. The dude made him film a video like that and I got the same kind of ‘yuck’ feeling / pit in my stomach watching it.

Also tough when Manny said he had been in and out of the hospital a lot recently. Hoping I’m reading the situation wrong.

It definitely seems like Manny thought the guy who bought it was going to keep it. Also seemed like he wasn’t planning on selling and these guys happened upon it and made an offer (probably an offer that was fair ten years ago). Reminds me of another original owner red truck (maybe a 1980? Had pinstripes iirc) where the guy had fallen on hard times and had to sell. Something like he was renting a place after a divorce and the HOA wouldn’t allow it to stay in the driveway. The dude made him film a video like that and I got the same kind of ‘yuck’ feeling / pit in my stomach watching it.

Also tough when Manny said he had been in and out of the hospital a lot recently. Hoping I’m reading the situation wrong.
I think you're right, my first impression is they offered him something like $20 to 25k+/- and talked it up.

The gold chains and bracelets sort of stood out to me as someone Manny doesn't normally surround himself with.

A used car dealer not being very upfront with the owner about their intentions with the purchase - not shocking, but the guy mentions he has medical issues.

To bad nobody in the family spoke up about keeping it, but we don't know all the context

Last edited:
Truly Amazing!
Looks like the front bumper was painted black, I’m guessing Manny or his brother-in-law did that when it was dented. Seems a little odd considering that they preferred to leave so much of this one original.
Makes me a little curious of what else might’ve been painted, maybe outside? Maybe not?
I would expect a little bit of patina,? even though it was garaged.
Anyhow, this has got to be one of the cleanest Cruisers I’ve ever seen. It Looks like it just rolled off the dealership in 76. Insane!
Excited to see how high the auction will go.

I agree, it looks almost too clean and shiny. Would love to see it in person.

I suspect someone contacted the seller and made a deal to "end" the auction early - or possibly mentioned that BAT might bring a more well heeled crowd than Ebay.

I'm pretty confident this 40 is as clean and near new as stated - if it pops up again, I may try and go see it since it's pretty local to me

He mentioned in the ad that for the right offer he'd end the auction early. I agree with @777Gage, I think he'd have done better on BAT.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom