For Sale 1976 FJ40 OM617 VA Beach (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sold

I'm selling my 76 FJ40 that I have been restoring/modding over the last 4 years between deployments. I swapped a OM617 from an '83 300SD with low miles using 4x4labs adapter to retain the Toyota 4 speed trans. Truck has power disk brakes and power steering. Truck is originally from California and has almost no rust (small bit in passenger rear fender about 5 inches long).

Odo: 76,4xx original miles
Clean title

New parts/mods

Brakes:
New Calipers
New Pads
New Disks
New Drums
New Wheel cylinders
New brake booster
New Brake lines
New Master cylinder

Cooling system:
New Aluminum radiatior
New Aluminum fan shroud
New Electric fan
New Hoses

Fuel system:
New Fuel filters
New Fuel lines (hard and soft)
Fuel tank stripped and cleaned

Drivetrain:
OM617 turbo
New motor mounts
New trans mounts
All new fluids
Rebuilt Warn locking hubs
Relocated oil filter
New oil cooler
New clutch
New slave cylinder
New Master cylinder
New clutch line
New boots
Stripped and repainted engine bay

Body/suspension:
TPI Smokey mountain 4" lift
ARB anti inversion shackles
Nitro shocks
New hood latches
LED tail lights
LED bulbs throughout
Color matched Raptor lined floor pan

Probably some more I am forgetting. I still have all original parts that go with the truck.

The bad.
Previous owner had an auxiliary fuel tank and removed it, leaving a hole in the passenger rear fender. I can plug the hole, or leave it for the next owner to fix. Your choice. Same with the rust strip in the same area.

Truck is located in the VA beach area. I'm moving to Texas in a few weeks and have other projects that need more attention.
Link to CL ad and pictures.

1976 Toyota Landcruiser Turbo Diesel

Last edited:
Looks solid. What honest mpgs are you getting with the om617 with your h42? Good luck with sell.

Thanks, honestly haven't really checked, but it's probably low to mid 20s. Better than. My 120 series lol.

@Nate89 I'm going to be in TAD in VB at the end of the month. I'd like to come take a look if it's not too late. When are you moving to Texas?

I move at the end of the month. The truck is currently scheduled to be shipped on the 29th, so if you're here before that, feel free to swing by!

What part of TX?

Interested if you still have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom