1976 FJ40 Making Fuel Tank Hard Lines To Soft Line Ends? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ackcruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m preparing to make the 5/16“ fuel lines from tank soft lines to fuel filter and not sure how to make the ends like images below. Anyone make these that can share the tool/technique?

Also looking for OEM hose clamps that are NLA.

F08AF906-DB07-47BD-AEC0-51D6FE42872D.jpeg

E7F82AD9-41BC-4C17-9DF1-B85013D60ED3.jpeg

F8EAE1B5-C5E4-4956-B624-2F24192A128F.jpeg

I believe you are looking for a "tube beading tool" otherwise you can just flare the end with a tube flaring tool here is a few below

Graham tube beading tool (aircraft industry)
Earls tube beading tool
Mittler Brothers tube rolling tool

Last edited:
Appreciate the information @firemanj92 and @ducktapeguy. I plan on using stainless steel 5/16 line so this tube beading tool looks to be the one for the job.

The tool is $200 so on the fence as I can just use my brake line flaring tool as suggested to keep hose from slipping off.

According to David Graham, (exchanged emails with him today) the maker of the tool link here and mentioned above. It will not make the two beads as shown on stock fuel lines in post #1. While good enough works, it would be helpful to know what tool is required for those going down this path in the future. If anyone knows, please post.

According to David Graham, (exchanged emails with him today) the maker of the tool link here and mentioned above. It will not make the two beads as shown on stock fuel lines in post #1. While good enough works, it would be helpful to know what tool is required for those going down this path in the future. If anyone knows, please post.

You’re not going to make that inner bead without highly specialized equipment. The Graham tool is nice for the outer bead though and that is all that is really necessary.

I have both available sizes of the Graham tools. They’re really nice specialized tools. You’ll have no problem selling it after but I doubt you’ll want to after you handle it.

You’re not going to make that inner bead without highly specialized equipment. The Graham tool is nice for the outer bead though and that is all that is really necessary.

I have both available sizes of the Graham tools. They’re really nice specialized tools. You’ll have no problem selling it after but I doubt you’ll want to after you handle it.
I’ve been searching deep into aviation beading tools and have concluded the same thing. To get the inner bead, it must require a two step process. Appreciate the testimonial on the Graham tool. I’ll add it to my tool box and justify the cost when comparing how much having lines made for me by Classic Tube…$264.99 Not including shipping.

I’ve been searching deep into aviation beading tools and have concluded the same thing. To get the inner bead, it must require a two step process. Appreciate the testimonial on the Graham tool. I’ll add it to my tool box and justify the cost when comparing how much having lines made for me by Classic Tube…$264.99 Not including shipping.

I haven’t bought that particular product from CT but i have bought numerous other part numbers from them and they have all been fantastic, so I certainly would not discount that option if you wanted a plug-play option.

In fact, I didn’t realize they made FJ40 fuel lines, I will probably just buy from them instead of making them myself which I am fully equipped to do. One more hour of my time won back.

This is what I made to put bubble flares near the end of a line. As i was wanting all stainless lines these are mea
01010016.JPG
nt to be used in a hyd press. Amount of straight line before the bubble is determined by the male die, so two different male dies would get you both bubbles.

01010018.JPG

All right. I found the tool to make the factory fuel line beads. It’s a little out of my price range.

The Graham tool for 1/4 - 5/16 does the job well.
E925EEFC-4C8D-4624-BBAD-F25889322B6A.jpeg

38B222B4-CFD5-495D-8633-D84311EA0829.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom