SOLD 1976 FJ40 Jack Handle for 09110-35011 Toyota Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ackcruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for period correct yellow jack handle for 09110-35011.

1618258935333.png

Thanks for posting this. I find it fascinating how some parts are so rare like this jack handle. Anyway, the paint appears to be on the brighter yellow side vs. the school bus yellow that matches my bottle jack and rod extensions. Do you know what color was used when this handle was restored?

I don't know what color it was before. Original yellow? Rust?

All the colors look great including the handle @hyhpe posted but this one powder coated with RAL 1005 looks very very close to factory.
I took a chip of the factory paint to my powder coater and had it color matched. RAL 1005 was the closest I could get. It is hard to recreate over 50 years of aging and nothing looks like lead paint anymore, but I agree, it is very close.

I'm still in market for one.

I took a chip of the factory paint to my powder coater and had it color matched. RAL 1005 was the closest I could get.

Wow, that RAL1005 powder coat does look super nice. Totally agree - it's jumped to the top of the list as closest to original. Brian, yours does need a few grease smudges and scuff marks though :).

What would be nice to know is if different factory shades of yellow were used over the years. Time, varying conditions, and surface goo will obviously age the paint differently and create all kinds of different patinas, but the broad spectrum of yellows on the jacks which haven't been repainted makes it a possibility that alternate shades of factory yellow were used.

Wow, that RAL1005 powder coat does look super nice. Totally agree - it's jumped to the top of the list as closest to original. Brian, yours does need a few grease smudges and scuff marks though :).

What would be nice to know is if different factory shades of yellow were used over the years. Time, varying conditions, and surface goo will obviously age the paint differently and create all kinds of different patinas, but the broad spectrum of yellows on the jacks which haven't been repainted makes it a possibility that alternate shades of factory yellow were used.
I’m with you on the possibility of different shades of yellow between the years. It hard to tell in the picture I posted but the two seem to be original paint but the one on the right seems to be more of a mustard yellow where the left leans towards orange yellow. Then again, it could be the way two aged differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom