1976 FJ40 Flywheel Clearance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What should the spacing be between the back of the flywheel and the back of the motor? I put mine back together and the flywheel appears right against the back of the motor. Looks like almost no clearance.

I have mine (6/76) FJ40 apart right now for complete drivetrain rebuild. Nothing between the flywheel and the crank (spacer, etc.) that I recall. Bellhousing bolts to the block in between of course. Are you rubbing the block? Can you get a pic?

I have mine (6/76) FJ40 apart right now for complete drivetrain rebuild. Nothing between the flywheel and the crank (spacer, etc.) that I recall. Bellhousing bolts to the block in between of course. Are you rubbing the block? Can you get a pic?
Thanks for the reply. The cylinders ended up being a little rusty and stuck from sitting. Was not the clutch or flywheel assembly at all.

Cool... how long did she sit? Mine was idled for a number of years ( 3 or 4 ) ended up with bad front seal from deforming plus other probs.
These are not meant to sit for sure...

I think it sat about 5 years. Hope I don't have the other issues but I know it's possible. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom