Wanted 1976 FJ40 EGR "J" Tube (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
I have a federal smog 1976 FJ40 that I have all the parts too, except the correct "J" tube.

I must have a unique exhaust manifold since the thread part bung is on the manifold and not on the EGR cooler. The EGR cooler has a short sleeve coming out with a stainless steel (?) two bolt flange connected to it.

I have looked on Marksoffroad.net first and then SOR but cannot even find a picture of what I have let alone the correct part.

Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
Here is what I have.
DSCF3397.JPG
DSCF3398.JPG
DSCF3399.JPG

Last edited:
You will need this from specter:
047-02B-U

I have the same 2/'76 federal setup and I actually like this setup better, leaks less at the exhaust manifold.

I am sure someone has one, you will need one from a 1/'75-8/'76 FJ40. It should have a slip fit end on
the exhaust manifold and the cooler end

The two bolt flange on the 76 egr cooler is not stock. you will need to undo and save the nut and ferrule.

Actually now that I look at it, I think the EGR cooler you pictured for the 76 is not correct either. The early 2F egr coolers were rectangle shaped, didnt have the bevel above the pipe to the manifold. I hope that make sense. I havent tried to retrofit a later cooler into my 76.

I have everything from the cooler up through the valve don't know what year FJ40 if that would help.

Thanks for the assistance so far.

I wonder if I could take the nut and flange off the cooler and put it on the manifold and use one of the "J" pipes I already have.

Nope that won't work. The flanges are differnt sizes.

cant swap two ends and reverse tube?
looks like from pic
maybe assembled wrong

That is what I orignally thought but the flange sizes are different and the "nut" is rusted into the egr cooler, like most are. So this rule out me playing with it and assembling it wrong in the past.

This is my third attempt to get all the smog items on my rig. I get frustrated and bolt all my non-smog stuff back on so I can wheel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom