1976 fj40 carb settings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys i have a 76 fj40 that hasnt run in years, and i am trying to get it runing again. could anyone tell me what the factory settings were. i know if i had an fsm it would tell me everything, but i have been unable to get my hands on one. so any help would be wonderful thanks

What settings?

The only things readily adjustable are the idle mixture, idle speed and choke idle speed. The idle speed is 650, the mixture is the smallest amount of opening (turns CCW) to get a steady 650 RPM and the choked idle speed is 1500.

hi guys i have a 76 fj40 that hasnt run in years, and i am trying to get it runing again.

What preparations have been made thus far?

well it has a remanufactured stock carb on it, and a few years ago i put it on, like when i was 16 or 17, and i knew nothing about carbs, still really dont but im more willing to learn. well i sort of gave up on it, some times i could get it to start and sometimes not, when i could it would barely run. once it got hot and stalled out i would have to wait like 15 mintues before it would start again??? so i am actually really lost so any input would be wonderful thanks

....2 questions: can't find any carb tips in the F+Q questions and where do you go to post a question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom