Ooh no ! another FJ40 1976 Resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ404345

Drive your 40 series daily !
GOLD Star
Threads
A couple of years ago I bought a 1976 FJ40 in Cali Colombia,
We knew that truck already for many years as it was a daily truck of a local Toyota mechanic that bought iy from the first owner and had it already for more then 20 years.
The truck was not as customized as many 40's in Colombia, but it had 2 huge bumpers in the front and back, so I liked the idea to have an old nose (bezel) short 40 that was just a driver to move around safe (because of the bumpers) in traffic.

It took the owner 6 years to make his mind up to sell it/

1st picture of the beginning

FJ76 Resto-1.jpg

MAN, that's a big ass bumper.

more pics

FJ40-9 1976.JPG

FJ40-10 1976.jpeg

FJ40-5 1976.JPG

FJ40-17 1976.JPG

some pics under

FJ76-01.jpg

FJ40 1976-2.JPG

FJ76-02.jpg

FJ76-04.jpg

some pics under the hood

It had a LPG tank in the back inside and the LPG converter and another LPG parts under the hood

FJ40-8 1976.JPG

FJ40-19a 1976.JPG

FJ40-8a.jpg

FJ40-20 1976.JPG

Last edited:
The above pictures were the first pics taken, now deal was made, get it out of the garage and of it went !

FJ76-06a.jpg

FJ76-06b.jpg

FJ76-06.jpg

Those bumpers are just beverage holders......you're not fooling me ;)

1586295795129.png

Last edited:
Are those front turn signals on the aprons a factory option or some retrofit from something else?

body and frame seem to be in great shape, not much rust other than the usual expected spots. Great starter it looks like

Are those front turn signals on the aprons a factory option or some retrofit from something else?

@Drake2, these lights are of a 70 serie, these are easily available and as aftermarket ones very cheap in Colombia, so they are placed @fjc-man south american style
Never liked them

Those bumpers are just beverage holders......you're not fooling me ;)

View attachment 2264231

I wish I would have known, and actually never thought about the possibility of adapting these fat bumpers to beer bumpers !!, they are long of the truck and sold already :frown:

Actually, the coolest feature on these trucks is the new style doors with non-USA window vents, like the kind we had up until '74. It isn't fun driving down the highway with a piece of glass being pulled and held only on the bottom and a little at the back.

That and it is a 3-speed (right?), which means a output shaft that doesn't get all chewed up by an input gear resulting in an oil leak, and a longer rear driveshaft for less vibration with lifts.

I'd, personally, be okay with the turn signal wires not in the fender to hold the weight of mud and ice, South-American-style; they do look awkward, though.

It cleaned up pretty good

FJ76 clean-05.jpg

]
FJ76 clean-02.jpg

FJ76 clean-06.jpg

only the rear had a lot of surface rust

FJ76-clean-04.jpg

As she was cleaned up now she also had to meet with her larger brother in the herd

FJ76 clean-08.jpg

FJ76 clean-10.jpg

FJ76 Clean-03.jpg

FJ76-FJ43.jpg

Last edited:
Years went by and over time the family used it as I didn't have a lot of time to make any progress with it, so finally last year took of the bumpers of and shipped it over

FJ76 thuis-01.jpg

FJ76 thuis-02..jpg

Very nice, yep I noticed the newer style doors that accommodate the late ‘76-78 side mirrors. Looks to be very solid staring point, nice find👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom