1976 BJ40 build Wife named the Puzzle! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ten years ago I built my dream FJ40 from a trailer of parts! It was an awesome experience! Today my son and I set out the body mounts for our new Land Cruiser. This one has all new metal and runs on Diesel!!!! Should be an interesting family project. The Tan one was nice but I must say, the dark green should be stunning. Diana is even getting in on the fun and picked out a new set of rims and tires with me while in Florida last week. This being a BJ will pose some leaning experiences on my part, but wow it is so nice having all new parts! Tub, Hood, Fenders, Windshield frame, Doors, Rear tailgate, Side steps… Having this forum saved my butt so many times on the build for my last 40 and it is this community that supports so many people with the knowledge to do these things!
7DB5ED11-53CD-407D-8D2A-1B18C2D0FF4D.jpeg
476FF982-7629-4F27-A7EA-1EAA6C11E2A4.jpeg

The new tub was ordered from Cruiser Heaven, we shall see how the panel gaps turn out. I have read mixed reviews.

I do not see a hard top listed in the new parts. Think one of the biggest issues has been putting an OEM hard top on a aftermarket tub. If you running a soft top and side doors came from the same vendors but won't be too bad.

New fuel tank in!
2BF709A0-3AE9-4B1C-B1C6-F846C26EE3CA.jpeg

First start today, went great. Diesel fuel system bled out all the air, primed the injection pump, ran the glow plugs for 8 seconds and fired right up!
BCF549C4-01AF-4E55-A4F6-531959E4F60E.jpeg

The past week has been very productive, wife had a software delivery at work so I had tons of free time!

1. Pedal box in
2. Pedals in
3. Steering column in
4. Clutch master and line set in and bled!
5. Windshield frame in

EEABBCE4-84D1-468F-A10B-ED6F6E0453A4.jpeg
12392121-2566-4494-B812-24E9F1C64707.jpeg

@jblatl is that an oem fuel tank or another manufacturer? I’m thinking I may need a new one

The tank is an aftermarket poly tank that I bought from Cool Cruisers out of Texas. I am very happy with the product. The decorative cover would not fit anymore because the supply line comes from the top now instead of the bottom back.

That tank works well though and no worry about leaks!

Thank you @jblatl . I am adding the Holley Sniper to my FJ40 this fall and opted for the in-tank pump. I hate to spend $600+ for a steel OEM replacement and I get the feeling my original tank may be too old and starting to fail . After I go thorough the effort to cut and weld the fittings onto an old tank and then have a problem doesn’t make sense. I’ll have to look into how the in-tank fittings would be secured in a poly tank. Thanks again for the information

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom