Wanted 1975 FJ55 Driver Door Striker Latch Wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a replacement Driver's Door latch regulator for my 1975 FJ55.

If anyone has one they want to sell, let me know.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 2.50.26 PM.png

Last edited:
You'll play hell finding one that isn't already worn out. The driver door is worn out on all these trucks. I tried to find one and gave up. I decided to repair mine. Cut off end. Trace outline on flat stock. Drill hole for tight fit. Weld on new piece.
IMG_2729[1].JPG

IMG_2753[1].JPG

IMG_2754[1].JPG

IMG_2755[1].JPG

You'll play hell finding one that isn't already worn out. The driver door is worn out on all these trucks. I tried to find one and gave up. I decided to repair mine. Cut off end. Trace outline on flat stock. Drill hole for tight fit. Weld on new piece.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do.

SirBarton,

Is that the problem with your striker? I'm guessing it is and this fix is really easy to do if you have a welder, etc. It's one of those Winter jobs with the door torn apart for a while.

Yeah - that's the problem with it. I don't have a welder, but I'm sure I can get someone to fix it.

If you come up empty for help, send it to me and I'll fix it for you. it will be bare metal and need to be painted. It's a one hour job, so no big deal.
Thanks for the offer. I have it at my mechanic for a list of things so I should be ok, but if not I will circle back. Much appreciated!!

If you come up empty for help, send it to me and I'll fix it for you. it will be bare metal and need to be painted. It's a one hour job, so no big deal.
Hey @scrapdaddy , I'm having the same issue with my driver latch. The wheel inside has a fair bit of play in it so once it makes contact, it's pushed to the side therein making it difficult for the wheel to turn. Think I can send it to you? I don't know of anyone here in PHX that knows about these things.

Will do. Probably this afternoon.
Front driver and passenger. The rears are nice and tight.
A slight bit of play in the hinges, but no cracks in the mounting plates where the hinges attach to the body. From reading it looks like this is the place to start with doors that don’t close properly… but I am completely open to other suggestions. Thanks

IMG_8244.jpeg

IMG_8241.jpeg

I may have some, however I am in the process of moving so it will be a couple weeks before I have access to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom