1975 FJ40 Voltage Regulator Location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any suggestions regarding where to look for the voltage regulator on a 4/75 FJ40?

I'm not getting any power from my alternator, and am pretty certain it does not contain an internal regulator.

Photo attached--the box on the upper left is the speed sensor maintenance detector, the wiring harness plug is disconnected from the alternator, and there is a battery tender sitting on top of the battery. I have followed the harness all the way back to the fire wall just under the speed sensor, and am curious if they ever put the VR inside the passenger compartment. I don't see it under the dash, and before I start pulling it apart, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

IMG_2718.JPG

Any suggestions regarding where to look for the voltage regulator on a 4/75 FJ40?

I'm not getting any power from my alternator, and am pretty certain it does not contain an internal regulator.

Photo attached--the box on the upper left is the speed sensor maintenance detector, the wiring harness plug is disconnected from the alternator, and there is a battery tender sitting on top of the battery. I have followed the harness all the way back to the fire wall just under the speed sensor, and am curious if they ever put the VR inside the passenger compartment. I don't see it under the dash, and before I start pulling it apart, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

View attachment 2642183
Adding a few more photos:

DSC_0570.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0572.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

Maybe?

20210411_170101.jpg

That looks like a solid state regulator. Get us a pic of it!

That's it!

That is the solid state version. They are pretty much impossible to find now for some reason. Two places, one Ebay and one on Amazon had a Solid State version for sale with pics and a part number. Both came as the original style, ( Non Solid State), in a box with the correct part number. From the research I have done that is a common occurence. Either will work. Several Mud vendors were selling the Original style.

Speaking of voltage regs... I am in process of re-doing the whole wire harness. My brother thinks we should change out the VR and do an alternator with internal VR. Pros and cons? '76 FJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom