1975 fj40 stereo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if Amazon has a radio that will fit in 1975 landcruiser as well as speakers?

PO made my dash wider for the radio - 75 fj40. Seems like the modern units generally a bit too wide. I had trouble in that if the face of the radio was flush with the dash metal, that the back corner was rubbing on the heater assembly, so depth might be an issue too. I gave up trying to gently stuff a rat's nest of wires in a small cavity, plus, I got caught off guard with a leaking cowl seam, so I cut the plug off of a desktop speaker/amp, and that lives in front of the center console. And, so many of my aftermarket stereos have been loose in the dash, it is so hard to hold the unit on its face without bolting to the dash, so it can support the weight of the back of the unit. I wish mono sound systems were more popular. I wish that aftermarket stereos didn't need and always-on wire. It was raining one day, and I walked by the Cruiser while I was doing yard work, and I learned that the rain and radio had shorted the power between the always on and the ignition-on so music was playing by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom