1975 FJ40 Spare Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

knuckle47

I can’t get enough Land Cruiser
SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking for a spare tire carrier for this 1975. Seems like they are not made by anyone And a search led me nowhere. My ‘74 had an aftermarket swing out carrier with the tire centered and a 5 gallon Jerry can on each side. It seems however that was simple to find 47 years ago…lol. Though I saved the original but who remembers

can someone recommend a source for any spare tire carrier that would fit a ’75 FJ40. Thank you

Not really…would be fine as long as it fits… OEM preferred but not an absolute must.

Cruiser Corps has them used. You can call them and tell them what you want or watch their used parts listings. Not cheap. Or you can post a want add in the Mud Classifieds.

Going OEM would be sure you tub is still in good shape to handle a spare and also what size tire you plan on running. The 75/76 spare carrier were only 1/75-8/76 here in the US. In RHD markets that was used 72-76 model years. Earlier were a heavy carrier but still on the left in RHD markets. If being a used OEM tire carrier be sure to get the latch that bolts to the sill. Those are as hard to find as the tire carrier if not harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom