1975 FJ40 Rejuvenation…. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

knuckle47

I can’t get enough Land Cruiser
SILVER Star
Threads
I am planning to do some restoration or rejuvenation to the truck once it gets here. I have a 1956 Ford Thunderbird and you can replace almost every single sticker, decal or tags placed on the vehicle when it was manufactured…some you might think are very obscure, but they have them

I have searched for…. and found a limited few pieces but my ‘newness’ with land cruisers 47 years later does not help my bank of knowledge…LOL

is there a source you all might suggest I look to find what I will need…. Thanks

so glad the forum is here and to be a part of it……if I can help, send me a note…I will surely do….if I can. This picture is from 1975
1700EE7A-4A8E-4DF0-A55F-1B17AAF35884.jpeg
Ok

not sure what you're after, but short of decals, and there are a bunch out there parts are readily available....more than a few straight from toyota as well.

Thanks Brian, Parts…? I am good ….and I have found a few I would need in order to step back into 1975. It’s the small details that I am trying to address. Things that in a car restoration, might add to the correctness of a rebuild. Found a few air cleaner and 2F pieces.

Thanks Brian, Parts…? I am good ….and I have found a few I would need in order to step back into 1975. It’s the small details that I am trying to address. Things that in a car restoration, might add to the correctness of a rebuild. Found a few air cleaner and 2F pieces.

Since the FJ40 kept evolving over the years, some parts are more difficult to get. Spector Off Road (sor.com) , has parts listings that follow the different dates when they came in. A good start to use as a guide. And , so many other reproducers that the more you look, the more you will find. Especially on this site.

I hear you. I've spent too much time tracking parts down, that most people will never see....my latest happy score? ...one of the heat shields on the ignition coil.

Well here is an odd one for you….. I bought this FJ40 from a great person in Washington who I was referred to by @birdog009…another very cool guy. We got all of the paper exchanges done and the shipper picked up the vehicle to bring 3000 miles to my house…. Just a short while ago she sent me a text with this photo. The carrier was going through Montana and oddly enough some friends of hers saw this on the carrier and texted her…” hey, is’nt this your truck”

So it is over 550 miles away …..talk about your coincidence!!!

66D65BAF-2855-4267-879B-18A34EF48A31.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom