1975 FJ40 Maintenance Interval Detector....What did this look like? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a po had it on there.
I liked the fouled anchor emblem on it and just decided to let it ride.
Would like to know more about it. Google wasn't terribly helpful in the matter.

View attachment 2302852
One of your PO's was probably a chief petty officer in the US navy

This is the light that needs a bulb
BDA58B0D-C607-4F4C-B38F-22F9C08F6E6E.jpeg

I'm more curious about what looks somethng like a revolver auto loader with five bullets stuck into the front heater exit port, to the right of the emergency brake handle.

I'm more curious about what looks somethng like a revolver auto loader with five bullets stuck into the front heater exit port, to the right of the emergency brake handle.
moon clip of 9mm for the ruger lcr i carry.

Lamp is simple. Toyota used it in the FJ25 turn signal indicators and cluster light head beam indicator. Than on for those and 4WD light brake light. 74 the cluster changed to a printed board. My 10/75 model has the plastic housing below the dash pictured earlier in this thread. Here is Toyota's part number for the lamp 99132-13030.

The real question is does your harness have the housing the lamp fits into. Plus does that housing have one or two wires. If two wires you will need to have the plastic housing the fits between the dash bracket and the bracket the lamp fits into otherwise the lamp will be on all the time. I only have one cruiser that has this style brake and never worked on it. I know the 4WD light is switched thru the ground after the light and requires the plastic housing to isolate the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom