craigslist 1975 FJ40 Inland Empire - Red - Looks like another winner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine but $15,000

--------------------------------------------

1975 landcruiser pre smog all orignal except for wheels I have spare tire and rack tire newer interior needs engine work, rod knock, fix it or put a small block in it drove great everything works this is a un molested truck as u can see call mark 9092087270

00g0g_lMmmrKwvg99z_07K05O_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_g5GpiP7cEWYz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_ajvXREmZHL6z_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_frgSHtiS84Sz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

01313_i0ws1Joam8jz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

more

00C0C_dUTPoJntssPz_07K05O_1200x900.jpg

00606_6j7XBQGLXPCz_0cU09G_1200x900.jpg

Looks pretty nice. Someone better jump on that. I bet he’d take less because of the engine issue.
Another nice find Oakweb 🤘🏻

If that is original paint, I can see me getting this one even. I have a spare 2F that would go right in. Looks like a good deal

I have a bit of a newbie question that I'm hoping one of you can set me straight on. I'm currently searching for my first FJ40, and see A LOT of trucks with these rear fender flares. Were they a factory option, or are they after market? Either way, they look riveted to the body without any real option of removing them cleanly, leaving behind holes and such. Is that generally correct, or am I mistaken? Thanks guys.

I got the craigslist alert for this one earlier myself. Not too far from me.

I have a bit of a newbie question that I'm hoping one of you can set me straight on. I'm currently searching for my first FJ40, and see A LOT of trucks with these rear fender flares. Were they a factory option, or are they after market? Either way, they look riveted to the body without any real option of removing them cleanly, leaving behind holes and such. Is that generally correct? Thanks guys.

It was a popular modification back in the day to accommodate larger tires like 33x12.5x15 or 35's. (still is?) It's not factory. And generally for me it doesn't bother me if they have them or not. If they look crappy you can usually put new ones on easily. I have an FJ where they cut it wrong, which didn't size up well for the new style. It's not a huge deal like rust in the rear sill though.

I have a bit of a newbie question that I'm hoping one of you can set me straight on. I'm currently searching for my first FJ40,
The two I just posted today are some of the best ones in weeks, I'd consider at the very least looking at them closer and calling on them. But like others have said, there are probably callers ahead of you now :) I'll keep posting!

The two I just posted today are some of the best ones in weeks, I'd consider at the very least looking at them closer and calling on them. But like others have said, there are probably callers ahead of you now :) I'll keep posting!
Yeah that '69 is REALLY cool as well! Thanks very much for the info and these posts, it's much appreciated.

That '76 you mentioned is darn nice as well, thanks for that. Yellow especially being one of my top picks. I wish I felt more confident looking at smog vehicles in CA. Currently trying to focus on '75 and earlier for simplicity sake.

Yeah that '69 is REALLY cool as well! Thanks very much for the info and these posts, it's much appreciated.

That '76 you mentioned is darn nice as well, thanks for that. Yellow especially being one of my top picks. I wish I felt more confident looking at smog vehicles in CA. Currently trying to focus on '75 and earlier for simplicity sake.
Looks like it was registered, could be part of the sale you take it down to see if it passes smog... just a thought

I have a bit of a newbie question that I'm hoping one of you can set me straight on. I'm currently searching for my first FJ40, and see A LOT of trucks with these rear fender flares. Were they a factory option, or are they after market? Either way, they look riveted to the body without any real option of removing them cleanly, leaving behind holes and such. Is that generally correct, or am I mistaken? Thanks guys.

You are correct in the sense that they are riveted to the body quarter panel and create holes. so if you don’t want to keep them, you will have to weld in new steel to cover up holes or at last resort Bondo fill. They were not a Toyota stock option.
My dad and I put some on one of ours in the 90s ( Bushwackers from Specter). When we recently restored it we filled in the holes Nicely and you can’t tell.
Anyhow- good question and hopefully you got some clarity.
Good luck in your search, hope you find a nice one soon

The flares are frustrating for someone like me who wants to end up with an uncut stock height truck. Talk about rare, even the restored ones all seem to have 2.5" lifts.

Like he said, if you really want it tell them you want to physically take it to a smog shop and see it pass.

I'm still hesitant if they say it can pass and provide a smog check. You can still get an illegal smog done in places then you're screwed in 2 years when it's time to renew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom