Wanted 1975 FJ40 fuel tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mine is apparently rusty because it’s clogging the filter. Need a clean on that doesn’t break the bank. I’m in NorCal.

can't get much cleaner then new

can't get much cleaner then new

Thanks Matt. Thinking that’s out of my price range…and looks like it’s local to Florida.

Anybody try the poly tank?

Search for poly tank here and you definitely won't go with one. Expansion and contraction will give you vapor lock. I thought gas tanks were still available through the dealer. I'd check with Beno!

I sealed mine about 15 years ago with a POR15 tank sealer kit because I had some pinholes after I cleaned out all the mud that was caked under it, the PO must have been stuck in Oklahoma clay. I didn't have any spare funds at the time or I would have just bought a new tank. A few years later, I bought a new OEM tank assuming the repair wouldn't last long... my new tank is still sitting on my shelf! I'd highly recommend that kit if you can't get a new one for a decent $

Last edited:
Where in NorCal? I’m driving as far north as Santa Clara next week.

Used tanks are not shippable.

@Dianna thank you. That’s perfect info. I may try to seal mine.

@65swb45 I live in Folsom which is a couple hours from Santa Clara. I left a voice message for you at your office number. Not sure how much you are charging?

@Dianna thank you. That’s perfect info. I may try to seal mine.

@65swb45 I live in Folsom which is a couple hours from Santa Clara. I left a voice message for you at your office number. Not sure how much you are charging?
I did get a message about a fuel tank. I didn't return the call becaus, as my message says, I will call back IF ICAN HELP. Since my shipper instructed me that used tanks are not shippable, chances are I can't help.☹️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom