For Sale 1975 fj40 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. FJ Cruiser
Saint Martinville, Louisiana 70582 United States
Mileage
Color
Green
Hey guys I’m new here, I have a 1975 fj40 I’m looking to sell. Not really sure what’s it’s worth.it’s been sitting for years. Motor and transmission are out the vehicle but I have. Any ideas on prices would be appreciated, any offers would also be considered. My contact number is 3379914370

0AD8F8D6-930D-4019-82C7-D4D9127BEAB4.jpeg

1653C286-97DA-42AC-A05F-18B767290ECB.jpeg

From the outside, it looks relatively good... but no original color.. ..
For price suggestions need more pictures ... inside.. engine.. frame.. floor, rust condition.. title..?

For price suggestions need more pictures ... inside.. engine.. frame.. floor, rust condition.. title..?
Original colors are red and white, there’s some rust. I’ll get more pictures loaded up tomorrow

It doesn’t have a title. Here’s a few more pics

AF05B505-72DA-49A6-B238-75307EE9C636.jpeg

2522EFEA-67A7-4AEE-A1FF-15EA15D57918.jpeg

7F7B52C6-E67E-46FA-AB4D-938DB050EDCA.jpeg

E2600E4B-C1B1-4374-971B-65855F88EC1C.jpeg

AA3DA909-91C8-48D2-B0F4-2455A392A252.jpeg

More pics: Frame where it kicks up over rear axle taken from near driveshaft looking outward toward frame rails, rear leaf spring hangers (especially by the rear crossmember), bed floor with ambulance doors open, engine/trans/transfer case, engine compartment, front floor pans, dash, seats. Looks like there is mud in that hood, bet there is more in the tub. Worth inspecting closely visually and with magnet to try to figure out motive for repaint. Definitely rust damage but perhaps impact damage, and that'll likely show up at front of frame behind bumper. October 1975 production (late October from Specter's chart) should have disc front brakes but an easy check and see.

No title probably means it is parts in most states, negatively impacts value. Have you looked into getting a replacement title? That process can be a real hassle or no big deal depending on the state, facts & circumstances too, of course. It's probably worth your time to go your state's website and check. Value will depend a bit on location and patience too.

I'm with SergP here, as it sits, $2K tops. Too many unkowns: Engine full of water, out in the weather, stuck, windows in the block, incomplete? There is a reason the engine is out, what is it? Trans and TC shift through gears, boxes not full of water? Frame condition? Interior completeness and condition?

Parting it out is time consuming but would probably yield the greatest net. Or if the motor turns, might be worth the effort to reinstall and get it running. And if it runs, that might motivate you to at least try to get a (legitimate) title. Even if you fail, you now have lots of info that a buyer will want either way, which will help you sell and give you a better idea of value the market may support. It's worth what someone will pay for it, no more, no less.

Sorry for the long post. I hate to see what appears to be a rusty but fairly complete and salvageable 40 end up as parts & scrap. Just my $.02. HTH, and GL!

It doesn't have a title, ok, but do you know who's name it is in? Can you get them down to the DMV to put it in your name? Without a title, like the others have said, the value drops considerably.

That being said, I've seen many, many build threads start out with absolute whispers of what's left of the original rig. Need more info though. And pics. Like how's the frame? Judging by your frame number, this was a late 1975 build. Does it have disc brakes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom