1975 FJ40 Bumper Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at the 76 frame that was on Mud The bumper mounts are different then what I`ve seen for sale Mine is a early 75 w two rivet holes in the frame But the stuff for sale goes under the hook and on the side shaped like an L The pic on Mud has it shaped like a U and riveted to the frame does anybody know of a vender that has the U shaped brackets thx Buz

Not so Looking at the pics from the Japanese Baby Buggie Feb 21 they have the mounts riveted to the frame on left and right sides the ones I`ve seen have the gusset on top like a air plane wing going under the hook with a part on the side shown in the pics of them for sale on Ebay

Looking at the 76 frame that was on Mud The bumper mounts are different then what I`ve seen for sale Mine is a early 75 w two rivet holes in the frame But the stuff for sale goes under the hook and on the side shaped like an L The pic on Mud has it shaped like a U and riveted to the frame does anybody know of a vender that has the U shaped brackets thx Buz

Let me see if I can clear this up.

Frame Bracket.jpg

The part you are trying to find is the one I marked in red which is actually part of the frame and not the one I marked in blue, correct?

We too were missing the lower bumper mounting brackets for our 1970. I remember that I searched for a pair of OEM lower brackets but was unable to find any. I ended up purchasing a pair of aftermarket brackets off ebay. The holes lined up with our factory bumper and I think they worked out great. Good luck.

Front Bumper Parts Diagram.png

Ebay Brackets.1.jpg

Ebay Brackets.2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom