1975 FJ 40 Mid Michigan 2K OBO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got this a few weeks ago. Sight unseen from my brother. Looking at it more in the garage I am going to pass on it. I spent 5 years building the one I have and dont have another 5 to spend on this one.

overall I would say the truck is a 3-4 out of a 10. What I know is the guy who had it worked at a 4x4 shop in NW lower Mi, he ran out of money and needed to get rid of this. Why a 75 title, I have no idea. read under odd. yes I know the bezel is upside down.

This is not the OEM Mint 40 everyone is looking for, Its a trail rig at best. or better for parts.

The BAD: there is frame rot at the driver rear spring perch, it will need to be boxed or repaired.
There has been extensive body work done. Looks to me like lots of bondo and floor repair.
It has a Michigan assembled title. Meaning there are no VIN plates. the state issued a sticker for it. and it is titled a such. Like a dune buggy or a kit car. This is not a salvage title or junk title. but assembled vehilce.
T case stuck in low right now.
No key, just the ignition to turn over with any screw driver or key you have.
rear Ambi doors are toasted at the bottoms.
Rear Sill has been replace.

The GOOD:
Very nice rear short jump seats.
look to be new 2.5 inch BDS Springs with bushings.
Sprung over
Welded rear, (could be good or bad I suppose)
Disk Front
red "T" Steering wheel.
2F runs good, I dont know about compression numbers.
Weber Carb (again could be good or Bad I suppose)
Nice bucket front seats OEM.
Power steering, res cap read TOYODA. dont know if its OEM or not.

Overall:
The 40 is big, Aired down to the rims to get in my garage.
Its on 36X 14.50 x 15 swampers with maybe 25% left.
10 inch black spoke wheels, probably used to be white.
Got an exo pre runner style front bumper which looks very stout. Tied into front cage with 4 spreaders over the driver and passenger seats.
Rear cage looks OEM.
Its complete, heater in front and back, hi low work, wipers work.
Bezel is upside down.
Warn Lockouts.
The speedo works, not sure on the odo.
Lights work hi and low. Rear signals work, fronts have been removed but still work.

The odd:
This seems to be a mutt. Old style front doors. but rear Ambi Doors. 2F, 4 speed. but a Red T wheel (I thought those were only on 73 models)
Rear lap belts read 1979.

If I cant sell this for close to asking I will start parting it out. Small stuff, then big stuff.

I would trailer or tow this one away. It will drive down the street just not fast in low gear.

This would make a nice crawler or trail rig and lots of work has been done, just not my cup o tea. (read two kids, two dogs, one wife = no time)

Not interested in trades. just money. 2 grand, Located in Lansing Michigan

If you need any other photos let me know.

Thanks Warren.
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG

Last edited:
More. Forgot is has a rear ladder bar, and kind of goofy hi steer with DOM and Heim joints.
IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG

Top, Transfer is no longer stuck in low. now shifts to low, high and 2wd as it should.

If only you were a lttle closer!

Bump!

Coming to TN anytime soon?

Top, 1500.00 Firm, I had ankle surgery. So my clutch leg is now casted for a few more weeks.

Need this gone, Come up and get it.

TOP again, Now $1000.00 bucks, the swampers and rims are sold. bring 4 rollers and a trailer.

Moving to Parted out vehilces. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom